Luggage compartment door

OR75

13 hours ago, jaylw314 said:

No, but IIRC, LASAR can do baggage door repairs.  Mine got left open in flight by the prior owner, and he sent the door to LASAR for repair.  he kept the receipt, I can take a look at it when I get home.

Well, damn, I can't find that receipt, hoping to give you some idea of cost.  The log entry simply stated "Removed aft baggage door and have rebuilt by LASAR", that was in 2014

I might be of some help. Earlier this year we departed with unsecured door and bent it up pretty bad. LASAR did a re skin and replaced the door side hinge with paint was right about 1 amu and only took a couple days. Per Robert at LASAR these doors are matched to the airframe when made and even though they are very similar will take some work to get them to fit 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, bonal said:

I might be of some help. Earlier this year we departed with unsecured door and bent it up pretty bad. LASAR did a re skin and replaced the door side hinge with paint was right about 1 amu and only took a couple days. Per Robert at LASAR these doors are matched to the airframe when made and even though they are very similar will take some work to get them to fit 

That's close to what I vaguely recall, something like $900 at LASAR back in 2014.  Where did that danged receipt go...?

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 5:13 PM, OR75 said:

He chose the gold plated version ?

No idea what an AMU is but my previous owner left it open and I ended up with about 1k in cost to get it fixed. The replacement shipped required a lot of manual labor to make it fit. Plus, the door steward also punched out and that was another couple of hundred to replace.

Allow me to shed some light...  (a moderate attempt at humor follows...)

You get to learn about AMUs in Aviation accounting class...  AAC101....

The ground bound kids learn about widgets...

Aviation students learn about Monetary Units...

An annual will take a couple of AMUs out of one’s pocket.

More personally, Your baggage door was an even 1amu...

This is only helpful when your financial administrator doesn’t want to watch your aviation finances that closely...

If your FA is following too closely, there is some nice jewelry that may be helpful around annual time....  :)

Around here, You will read about the evils of distraction and how it works.... taken to the next level, you can use distraction like a tool... :)

PP thoughts only, not a financial engineer...

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SuperDaggi said:

No idea what an AMU is but my previous owner left it open and I ended up with about 1k in cost to get it fixed. The replacement shipped required a lot of manual labor to make it fit. Plus, the door steward also punched out and that was another couple of hundred to replace.

One AMU equals one thousand dollars

17 hours ago, SuperDaggi said:

An “Aviation Monetary Unit” $1000 in the US, but almost $1370 in Canadian dollars.

Clarence

My door popped open once on take off too and remarkably survived, I'm guessing because I forgot to latch it.  Since then I lock it before I take off.  For me the added benefit is it forces me to remove the keys from the ignition before I move the airplane because I can't get to the tow bar without unlocking the baggage compartment.  I then leave the keys on the hat rack until just before I get into the airplane to depart.  I've forgotten to move the ignition switch to "off" position a few times--don't want to be moving the prop in the "both" position!