Help ID-ing this screw in cap

Guys, found this screw under copilot instrument panel on floor, halfway back towards rudder pedals.  It’s about 1/2” diameter.  Laying under instrument panel looking up and nothing obvious.  Looks like it might cap something?

Anyone know where it goes?

thank!

Rags

FB45BF23-8FC9-4F15-B335-F4BC3F49B351.jpeg

23838C33-976B-4A2C-B54D-E1ED4501AF41.jpeg

Wow, 6 replies and 6 different guesses.  I think I’m gonna have to take off the cover on top the instrument panel and look down.  Can’t see anything from below.  Plane flew 8 hours without it so probably not the flux capacitor.

Wow, 6 replies and 6 different guesses.  I think I’m gonna have to take off the cover on top the instrument panel and look down.  Can’t see anything from below.  Plane flew 8 hours without it so probably not the flux capacitor.  No whiskey compass either.

it is the right size for the antenna cable though so I will start there when I’m at the airport tomorrow.

Thanks guys.  I took the top of the instrument panel off today.  Couldn’t see it.  I think I’m gonna have to start pulling radios.  

On a separate note, does anyone know where they got the measurements for mechanics and pilots around which they designed the airplane?  I’m 6’3” and 180lbs.  I cannot get myself below the instrument panel in the foot well or my fat head between the J model windscreen and top of the instrument panel.

3 hours ago, Ragsf15e said:

Thanks guys.  I took the top of the instrument panel off today.  Couldn’t see it.  I think I’m gonna have to start pulling radios.  

On a separate note, does anyone know where they got the measurements for mechanics and pilots around which they designed the airplane?  I’m 6’3” and 180lbs.  I cannot get myself below the instrument panel in the foot well or my fat head between the J model windscreen and top of the instrument panel.

Do you have a yoke clock? Pull it out and look at the back. How long have you owned the plane? There is no guarantee that this little piece isn’t a relic from a long since replaced instrument.

Edited by Shadrach
  • Like 1

I’ll check the yoke clock, but i found the part on the copilot side floor.  Could have made it that far, who knows.  Had the plane for 4 years, but I agree, it may have been  hiding somewhere a long time.  

I guess i just want to make sure it wasn’t securing an antenna cable or something.

Clarence was right, it was a cap covering the antenna connection on the #2 radio rack.  Had to use a scope because there’s 1,000’ of wiring in a 3’ x 8” space behind the instrument panel.  I’m sure nobody else’s is like that, right?;) 

It’s not far up there from the bottom, but no chance I can get it back on without taking the rack out.  Think I’m just gonna leave it alone.

thanks for all the help!

C7823360-3909-45ED-870E-27F55D79F3A7.jpeg