interior detailing

rpcc

On 9/3/2018 at 10:24 AM, rpcc said:

What products do you use to detail the interior?

carpet ?  side panels (1999 model year)? Windows, Panel - grime near switches.

Side panels or carpet just good ol' ivory bar soap (not liquid) and water usually does the trick and use a cloth or sponge, nothing abrasive. To gets stains out of the carpet you have to blot the stain back on an absorbent cloth to remove the stain. Adding another chemical to the stain and not blotting it all out just adds to the stain.

Ivory soap and water and a sponge also works great on leather seats and then follow up with a generous amount of Eucerin lotion to moisturize the leather. Hide Food from a Jaguar or LandRover dealership actually works better on the leather if you have access to it and let it soak in overnight or let it sit out in the sun during the day to let it soak in.  The picture below is Hide Food put on generously. The next day I take a soft cotton cloth and wipe it down.

1887406978_Hidefood.thumb.jpg.2f9cf532b8dd77f3e3a8f8faf8917831.jpg

Don't put anything on leather seats that you wouldn't put on your own skin. Armorall or prducts like it will close off the pores on the leather and it will crack. Keep it soft and moisturized and it will last for years.

Grime on switches, a little isopropyl alcohol on a Qtip will usually do it.

If the carpet is removable and heavily stained, take it out and go to a car-wash, you will be amazed at the crap that comes out. I have done this on several planes. Plan ahead and remove the carpet, power wash it early in the morning, wet vac it and sit it in the sun to dry, if the carpet is really old power washing it might do it in

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RLCarter said:

If the carpet is removable and heavily stained, take it out and go to a car-wash, you will be amazed at the crap that comes out. I have done this on several planes. Plan ahead and remove the carpet, power wash it early in the morning, wet vac it and sit it in the sun to dry, if the carpet is really old power washing it might do it in

I pull mine from time to time and just run a rug doctor over it a couple times: very effective.

6 hours ago, RLCarter said:

This worked great for me as well.  I sprayed Blue Magic on it and brushed it in thoroughly then pressure washed it off.  It was amazing the amount of gunk that came out.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, INA201 said:

This worked great for me as well.  I sprayed Blue Magic on it and brushed it in thoroughly then pressure washed it off.  It was amazing the amount of gunk that came out.

+1

Probably gained 5 lbs. UL!

• Like 1