Cirrus Delivery

Txbyker

The video is from Gary’s personal account and likely done at the customer’s request.  It wouldn’t be how I’d want to deliver or receive a new plane, but different strokes for different folks.  Gary used to cover Illinois for Cirrus, and he’s a solid guy.  I wouldn’t read anything negative into this video.

we did try the fanfare delivery stuff at the diamond factory 8n Ontario, and it simply didn’t work: too hard to get everyone there on a day that people are working at the factory and which allowed VFR Departures etc..

-dan

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, gsengle said:

What’s that saying, all show, no go...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

100k cheaper, 1325 lbs of useful, a parachute, and the absence of CB’s to buy your plane when ready for an upgrade?  Sign me up!  However, they can drop the plane off in my hangar and send the keys in the mail. 

On 9/15/2018 at 4:14 AM, alextstone said:

I wish Mooney could notch the sales numbers that Cirrus does.

And all of what Cirrus does to enhance the buying experience and promote Cirrus as a lifestyle are some of the reasons that their brand loyalty is off the charts. People who originally bought an SR20 have traded later for an SR22 and eventually want the Cirrus Jet.

You can argue all day long that the Mooney is a better product but if they don't broaden out to a wider market they'll be stuck selling just a few airplanes a year.

I am am member of COPA (Cirrus Owners and Pilots Association) not because I'm in love with their airplanes but because I like their magazine and I like how progressive their group is and their company is - they are in the 21st Century

• Like 2

9 hours ago, LANCECASPER said:

And all of what Cirrus does to enhance the buying experience and promote Cirrus as a lifestyle are some of the reasons that their brand loyalty is off the charts. People who originally bought an SR20 have traded later for an SR22 and eventually want the Cirrus Jet.

You can argue all day long that the Mooney is a better product but if they don't broaden out to a wider market they'll be stuck selling just a few airplanes a year.

I am am member of COPA (Cirrus Owners and Pilots Association) not because I'm in love with their airplanes but because I like their magazine and I like the enthusiasm of their group - they are in the 21st Century.

Yes.  They really need to offer a more "affordable" entry level high performance aircraft for starters.  

On 9/15/2018 at 10:32 PM, LANCECASPER said:

I am am member of COPA (Cirrus Owners and Pilots Association) not because I'm in love with their airplanes but because I like their magazine and I like how progressive their group is and their company is - they are in the 21st Century.

2018-07-JA18cp-LR.pdf

I just took the time to go through the magazine and only one word came to mind: wow. They seem to be a very well organized group with lots of support based on the sheer number of ads placed (the authorized service center listing took up two whole pages alone). It's very reminiscent of the old Mooney Pilot Magazine of yore.

One thing does look the same however. When compared to Mooney owners, those pictures which feature groups of Cirrus owners, they look just like us - gray haired and middle-aged.

I found it interesting the number of ads placed by other aircraft manufacturers, including TBM, Cessna, Pilatus and Piper.

There is a local guy at my home drome, Niko, who flies his Cirrus all round the place and posts his trips on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/nikolaki70/videos

21st Century indeed.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, acpartswhse said:

From a mechanics view point the Cirrus is kinda like the VW bug when it come out. The more you know about it the less you like it. 

Hey! What’s wrong with the VW Beetle?  

It’s one of the best cars I’ve ever owned. People smile at you and tell fun stories of when they had a Beetle. Waves and thumbs up everyday. Bullet proof reliable and easy to maintain. If it only had wings it would be one of the best commuters out there!

B3F67F64-8B15-4E01-A15E-1BF9070429A6.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Culver LFA said:

Hey! What’s wrong with the VW Beetle?  

It’s one of the best cars I’ve ever owned. People smile at you and tell fun stories of when they had a Beetle. Waves and thumbs up everyday. Bullet proof reliable and easy to maintain. If it only had wings it would be one of the best commuters out there!

B3F67F64-8B15-4E01-A15E-1BF9070429A6.jpeg

from a MECHANICS view