Need transition training M20K - around Daytona Beach 7 or 8 Sept

JRam

I may need some help from my fellow Mooniacs in Florida, if the instructor options I have fall through. I go down to pick up the M20K 231 I recently purchased as it gets out of having some avionics installed (GTN750 and such). I need to get 5 hours at the very least of transition training to meet the requirements of the insurance company before I can take her home. But I would also like to get some knowledge of power settings and proper care of the engine in flight while I'm at it.

I flew an M20E for 7 years from 2007 to 2014 putting in about 500 hours. So I certainly knew my Mooney back then, but it was a short body and no turbo. I had been out of flying from then until a couple months ago when I did my BFR and IPC in a rented Cessna with a G1000 to get back current.

Let me know if you have any suggestions of who I can contact or if you can help me out! Thanks!

20 minutes ago, fantom said:

Mike Elliott is your man, if he's available. N9427v@gmail.com or mike@aviating.com

Don't tell him I said so, but you won't find better. :)

Thanks! I'll reach out.