Ride back to OKC from Longview next week

ziggysanchez

21 hours ago, ziggysanchez said:

I'm dropping off my Mooney in Longview next Tuesday at Maxwell's. Any chance someone is free and could give me a lift back to Oklahoma City on that day? Of course I would be willing to cover your fuel costs.

I'm more of a long shot, but I might have to fly down to Dallas and then back up to AR or MO, may be able to divert, but waiting on business schedule. I a probably 3/10 chance that it comes in by next week. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stephen said:

I'm more of a long shot, but I might have to fly down to Dallas and then back up to AR or MO, may be able to divert, but waiting on business schedule. I a probably 3/10 chance that it comes in by next week. 

Let me know. I appreciate your willingness to help me out.

14 hours ago, ziggysanchez said:

Let me know. I appreciate your willingness to help me out.

Hi Zjggy it looks like they pushed my Dallas trip to tuesday/wednesday thru friday instead of sunday through tuesday, if dropping off friday would be an option I could probably fly you to OKC on my return trip.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stephen said:

Hi Zjggy it looks like they pushed my Dallas trip to tuesday/wednesday thru friday instead of sunday through tuesday, if dropping off friday would be an option I could probably fly you to OKC on my return trip.

OK. Thanks.  I'll let you know If I decide to go later in the week.

21 minutes ago, gsxrpilot said:

Hey  Ziggy,

Any chance you could drop it off Monday? I know Don's probably closed on Monday but it's easy to leave it parked on his ramp. Tuesday is still a possibility for me. But Monday would be a sure thing.

Paul

You could leave it at KRS, Don will send his "tug" after it on Tues.

2 hours ago, gsxrpilot said:

Hey  Ziggy,

Any chance you could drop it off Monday? I know Don's probably closed on Monday but it's easy to leave it parked on his ramp. Tuesday is still a possibility for me. But Monday would be a sure thing.

Paul

I wouldn’t bet on him being closed Monday.  I went over there Fourth of July and they were wide open.  He is covered up with work.  If you call the main number they usually answer weekend, holiday or whatever if they are there.

2 hours ago, Bryan said:

I just about always leave it there on a Sunday for him to open on Monday. I’d rather it be over at Dons than the tug over from KRS. 

Leave it at Dons and leave him the keys. 

How do you get from Don's ramp to your transportation? If you have someone pick you up, I think you might still need to climb his fence to get out. I suppose you could call the tower and get permission to hike across the airport. :) 

6 hours ago, gsxrpilot said:

Hey  Ziggy,

Paul

I may be able to do it Monday morning. I'll text you tomorrow so we can coordinate. Thanks again Paul. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, DonMuncy said:

How do you get from Don's ramp to your transportation? If you have someone pick you up, I think you might still need to climb his fence to get out. I suppose you could call the tower and get permission to hike across the airport. :) 

If I have a fellow pilot, they just follow me in and we depart from DMax. KRS will come over and pick you up - they end up calling the tower.

Sorry for your loss, Don :(

8 hours ago, kpaul said:

Lots of speculation...how about a summon of @Pmaxwell maybe Paul can actually help out and answer the questions of hours and the best option for a drop off.

A few are speculating but I've already spoken to all the people I need to in order to find out when and where to drop off. No need for Paul to respond to this thread. We've already spoken to one another.

I want to give a big shout out to @gsxrpilot Paul Steen for giving me a lift back home yesterday from Maxwell's after dropping my plane off for a tank reseal. I enjoyed the ride in your 252. Fantastic airplane. It was nice to sit right seat for a change and not have to push buttons and pull levers.....lol. Thanks again Paul. You're an awesome guy and great pilot. Look forward to returning the favor someday. My plane should be done in approximately 3 weeks. If anyone is planning on dropping off their plane at Maxwell's in that time frame and need a lift home give me a shout. 

Edited by ziggysanchez
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ziggysanchez said:

I want to give a big shout out to @gsxrpilot Paul Steen for giving me a lift back home yesterday from Maxwell's after dropping my plane off for a tank reseal. I enjoyed the ride in your 252. Fantastic airplane. It was nice to sit right seat for a change and not have to push buttons and pull levers.....lol. Thanks again Paul. You're an awesome guy and great pilot. Look forward to returning the favor someday. My plane should be done in approximately 3 weeks. If anyone is planning on dropping off their plane at Maxwell's in that time frame and need a lift home give me a shout. 

And we've completely wrecked the rumor that Mooney cockpits are small. We were quite comfortable in the front seats of my mid-body 252. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, gsxrpilot said:

And we've completely wrecked the rumor that Mooney cockpits are small. We were quite comfortable in the front seats of my mid-body 252. 

Yup....I'm much larger and a bit taller than Paul at 6'3" and 285 lbs. Looks like this myth was busted....lol

• Like 2