Any Guess How Long?

Marauder

By far, the worst aviation website I have ever experienced. If Garmin keeps it, and I imagine they will, I imagine they'll improve it dramatically. My guess is that they'll leverage it too sell more Garmin Pilot subscriptions and probably existing Garmin users won't pay more for it's added value. But that's just my hopeful guess and FltPlan did a lot of different niche things too like eAPIS. 

I never cared for the FltPln website, but I used the Android app for a long time.   It is an excellent EFB, except on Android it has what I think is a Very Bad Flaw in that if you bump the back button twice it will exit the app.   I've had my seat belt tail flop around and look down and the app is gone, exited.   That's not acceptable to me from a safety perspective, so I ditched it and have been using Avare happily ever since.   Like Marauder, I've kept it current on my big tablet just as a backup.

I'll be interested to see whether Garmin acquiring it turns out to be good or bad.   It doesn't seem like Garmin Pilot ever gets recommended much these days so it'll probably be good for them that way.   I doubt they'll ever add IFD support, so I'll probably still be looking elsewhere for EFB support.

By far, the worst aviation website I have ever experienced. If Garmin keeps it, and I imagine they will, I imagine they'll improve it dramatically. My guess is that they'll leverage it too sell more Garmin Pilot subscriptions and probably existing Garmin users won't pay more for it's added value. But that's just my hopeful guess and FltPlan did a lot of different niche things too like eAPIS. 
I got their app for my android phone and my thoughts are similar to yours. Wanted to keep from buying an iPhone just to run foreflight but likely will be doing so.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I have a flight plan account but file through Foreflight.  I did use it for eapis going to the Bahamas because of the convenience at the time.  Competition is good. Having Foreflight, Dynon, Trutrak, Avidyne, etc,  has kept Garmin on their toes.  

I hope it remains free.  I subscribe to Garmin Pilot already but I still like how easy it is to file via fltplan.com no matter what PC/phone/tablet I have access to.  Start to finish 30 seconds to file.  Love it even if the UI is a little clunky to learn.