Media is going to get it wrong anyway

jackn

The media today is a complete joke they don't confirm any information anymore.  Quick to put out garbage just to get ratings and the dumb people just eat it up.  I think it's funny who ever told her that information is laughing his ass off.  Only thing they are good for is the weather some what.  The stories and reports are mostly fake.   

So I googled Flux Capacitor and found where to get one:

https://www.oreillyauto.com/flux-capacitor

They seem to be out of stock, but as soon as they  come in I’m going to get one and put it on the Mooney! Going to get rid of that turbo, old technology....

Edited by N201MKTurbo
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, N201MKTurbo said:

So I googled Flux Capacitor and found where to get one:

https://www.oreillyauto.com/flux-capacitor

They seem to be out of stock, but as soon as the come in I’m going to get one and put it on the Mooney! Going to get rid of that turbo, old technology....

This is gold :lol: would love to see one mounted below the hat shelf 

Edited by BulletsRockts&MissilesOhMy

The muffler bearings must have seized up causing the exhaust manifold circulation pumps to quit working.  Once that happens, the only thing left available to the pilot is to turn on the flux capacitator to make sure the muffler bearings are packed correctly during the previous annual.

43 minutes ago, Bartman said:

There was a classic hoax video that looked like it was from the 60s that went on and on with bogus technical jargon. Anybody remember or got a link to that ?

Not sure if this is what you are after but it's pretty funny.

• Like 1

I take great offense to describing the Retro-encabulator as "Technical Jargon Overload".  It is just over the heads of people who don't understand it.  There were two versions of the Encabulator, the Turbo-encabulator and the Retro-Encabulator.  

The first description of the Turbo-encabulator was by J.H. Quick in a British Engineering Journal in 1921 (See below.)  The Arthur D. Little engineering firm reprinted this article in the 1940's, but it was left to General Electric to provide the first spec sheets for the Turbo-encabulator in 1962 (Also see below.)

Competition became fierce in the 60's and 70's, as General Electric, Chrysler, and Rockwell all introduced their versions, with Rockwell developing the "Retro" version.  I will try and provide links to their product videos in a subsequent post.  

I think is fine for everyone to have a good laugh at the "flux capacitor" joke, but a little research would have easily demonstrated the development of the Turbo- and Retro-encabulators.  Just because you can't grasp the concept doesn't mean it isn't real.  Besides, I have seen one.

1645508192_1921TurboEncabulator.thumb.png.9d37c03d62b2433ef8d0c086ae1a575f.png439px-GE_Turboencabulator_pg_2.jpg.4be03c26c6faf2282e27fa518177c86c.jpg

426px-GE_Turboencabulator_pg_1.jpg

Edited by Wistarmo
  • Like 1