Bitchin' Betty Behaving Better

exM20K

I'm pretty sure the G1000 "Stall, Stall, Stall" annunciation is based on an indicated airspeed number, and it's really annoying when landing at normal (light) weights.  Flew to Northern WI to pick up a plane with three guys and 30 gallons, and the stall warning, for the first time in my recollection, actually sounded before she piped up:

I hate having that annunciation well in advance of the real stall warning and wish it could be suppressed.

-de

Guest tommy123
1 hour ago, exM20K said:

I'm pretty sure the G1000 "Stall, Stall, Stall" annunciation is based on an indicated airspeed number, and it's really annoying when landing at normal (light) weights.  Flew to Northern WI to pick up a plane with three guys and 30 gallons, and the stall warning, for the first time in my recollection, actually sounded before she piped up:

I hate having that annunciation well in advance of the real stall warning and wish it could be suppressed.

-de

How about adjusting it properly? It’s only doing what it’s set up to do.

1 hour ago, M20Doc said:

More than one pilot has retracted the gear instead of the flaps on rollout.  Why not deploy the speed brakes to kill lift?

Clarence

Yeah but they were all flying Bonanzas. This is a very unlikely situation in a Mooney with the gear switch at the top of the panel and the flaps switch nearly on the floor.

Retracting flaps immediately on touchdown is SOP in my airplane. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, gsxrpilot said:

Yeah but they were all flying Bonanzas. This is a very unlikely situation in a Mooney with the gear switch at the top of the panel and the flaps switch nearly on the floor.

Retracting flaps immediately on touchdown is SOP in my airplane. 

I do both (flaps and speed brakes) out of habit.  The placement of the gear handle in the K models and Ultras (high on the panel)is definitely preferable to the standard G1000 birds, (behind hhe yoke) , but it is fortunately very awkward to get to and unlikely to be confused with the flaps.