Battery fuselage access panel missing fastener

Chris K

Get your magifying glass out and look for a number on the face of the existing fasteners.  That is the size.  Then match the shape to picture online and order several of the right size.  If you have the patience you can dig this out of a Mooney parts manual also.

These guys are easy to do busiess with and have what you need:  https://www.milspecproducts.com/home_

11 hours ago, gacoon said:

Get your magifying glass out and look for a number on the face of the existing fasteners.  That is the size.  Then match the shape to picture online and order several of the right size.  If you have the patience you can dig this out of a Mooney parts manual also.

These guys are easy to do busiess with and have what you need:  https://www.milspecproducts.com/home_

I assume the Eagle is the same as my Ovation for this panel and these are the ones.  Its a 2700 but if the hole is worn, then the 2800 works pretty well.  Order some retainers and the pliers while you are at it - makes it a lot easier.  

Edited by hypertech

5 hours ago, Chris K said:

Yes, looks very much like the 2700 series from Mil Spec.  Looks like the numbers 2 and 3 on the head of the stud.  Would that make is part MS 27S3-2S? or -3S?

stud on plane.jpg

Yes, thats the one that fits my 1990 J model. #2, buy one of each to be sure.