Heads up - Parts Exchange (aircraftexhaust.com) and Aerospace Welding

N9405V

40a19fadeaad57b7c8073aa2ca5cbbef.jpg

Last July during the annual it was determined that my muffler was beyond repair and I needed to buy a new one. We purchased a new one through Parts Exchange (aircraftexhaust.com) to the tune of about 1AMU, put it on the plane, and off we went.

Fast forward one year and 70 hours and the muffler is cracked. So I reached out to Parts Exchange and told them what we had found and if they would honor the one year warranty. Well, because it was 15 days past the year mark they said they’d ask the manufacturer, Aerospace Welding, what they wanted to do after I took and sent lots of pictures to them. 6 days later they came back to me and they asked me to ship the muffler and all of the exhaust stacks to AW so they could examine it and then let me know what they would do. I told them I’d pass on that and just went and had the muffler repaired locally. I was not going to waste the time and money shipping it all to them and then be told they’d give me a small credit towards a new one.

Just a cautionary tale...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk