Looking for a 252

HSL

Welcome aboard, HSL...

We have a few members in Europe....

Seeing if Andrew @Hyett6420 is around....

There is also a recent thread by another person in Europe seeking similar advice.  Probably a few or several months old....

You may have success finding it with the search function.

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

Hmmm...

• The popularity of the 252 is global....
  • The rarity may require searching world wide...
  • If that is the case...

Consider looking in places like....

• All American Aircraft... Texas.
  • Lasar... California.

Then Consider How best to transport/ferry across the pond...

• Summer is a good time to cross the North Atlantic.
  • A few Mooney Ferry pilots are around here somewhere. Just ask...

Just Some private pilot ideas to consider...

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Hi All, 

thanks for the replies. I’m based in Basel and still searching... very difficult to find one.

Why a 252? That’s a difficult one to answer from a rational point of view... :-) It fits my mission very well and I love the 252. I guess I could also try to find a 231 and mod it... Anybody has experience in EU with N and tail?

Best regards,

H

PS Sorry it took me so long to login...

Edited by HSL

21 minutes ago, HSL said:

Hi All, 

thanks for the replies. I’m based in Basel and still searching... very difficult to find one.

Why a 252? That’s a difficult one to answer from a rational point of view... :-) It fits my mission very well and I love the 252. I guess I could also try to find a 231 and mod it... Anybody has experience in EU with N and tail?

Best regards,

H

PS Sorry it took me so long to login...

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Airways said:

I went to see that Mooney last year as well. It was not a 160K-plane...

I have to agree with that! Now its down to 125k but GPS needs upgrade and although the engine has only 214 hours on it, it hasn’t flown much which really scares me...

Just now, HSL said:

although the engine has only 214 hours on it, it hasn’t flown much which really scares me...

You're right to be cautious about this, but these Continentals are not as susceptible to internal rust/corrosion as the Lycomings are. My 252 hadn't flown in several months and only a few hours in the previous year, when I bought it. The compressions were also low across the board. But I've put 500 hours on it since then and the compressions are good and the oil is clean.

19 hours ago, Hyett6420 said:

@HSL  greetings there is a N reg at Elstree (egtr) its a 252 as well, but budget on a new engine for her.  N reg in easa as you know is very simple, you jist need to register the aircraft to a trust.   Works very well.

Andrew

Thanks Andrew! I’m interested.... can you share more info?

2 minutes ago, xavierde said:

@HSL If you are happy to consider a ferry flight from the US, there is a 252 with fresh engine on the East coast. LR tanks and a few other goodies but needs some avionics upgrades.

This is also a possibility I’ve been considering... I don’t mind the ferry flight but DD at a distance is a bit more complicated and adds to the total cost... on the other hand prices are in USD and allows for a bit of headroom for something like this...

Do you have the link to the listing?

3 minutes ago, HSL said:

This is also a possibility I’ve been considering... I don’t mind the ferry flight but DD at a distance is a bit more complicated and adds to the total cost... on the other hand prices are in USD and allows for a bit of headroom for something like this...

Do you have the link to the listing?

There's no listing yet but I can PM you the owner's details

• 3 months later...
22 minutes ago, MooneyMark said:

Not sure if you havent's contacted me already, I had contact with a someone from Switzerland earlier. I am willing to consider selling my 252, it's listed here: M20K 252

Hi Mark, I don’t believe we have been in contact before but I’m interested. Please let me know the best way to contact you and happy to chat about it.