Fuel pressure gauge options?

Joe Larussa

Most of the new modern engine analyzers, such as JPI and EI, offer fuel pressure sensors. To replace your OEM unit, you just need to go with a TSO'd model. Most of us consider a modern engine analyzer one of the most important safety upgrades if not the most important.

FuelP and OilP and MP have all been moved to an under cowling location... only wires come into the cabin...

Doing this, requires primary gauges to be electronic.

So a simple JPI that’s doesn’t qualify as primary, leaves the old fuel and oil line in the cockpit...

EI and JPI make some nice primary gauges....  EI makes some individual primary gauges.....

PP thoughts only.

-a-

If you’re worried about the fuel pressure line to the gauge, you should be just as worried about the fuel lines under the floor and the fuel tank butt ribs behind your upholstered sidewalls.

Clarence

1 hour ago, M20Doc said:

If you’re worried about the fuel pressure line to the gauge, you should be just as worried about the fuel lines under the floor and the fuel tank butt ribs behind your upholstered sidewalls.

Clarence

Ignorance is bliss right? Lol

6 hours ago, Marauder said:

If you’re not ready for a full JPI or EI engine analyzer solution, look at the EI FP-5L.

e3bed8691fedd375365e869e41c4faa8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Pretty sure I’m going to copy yours. My tach sucks, fuel pressure gauge is wonky and my Jpi fuel scan buttons hardly work anymore. 

• Like 1

I have been very happy with the EI gauges. If the price of their JPI 900 was more competitive when I bought, I would have ended up with the MVP-50.

The fuel totalizer was one of the first upgrades I did back in the early 1990s. When I installed the RPM and MP gauges in 2013, EI upgraded the fuel totalizer to an LED backlight like their newer gauges and overhauled it - all for $65. Solid company with great customer service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Clarence

Not quite, those are not under pressure, so fuel may seep out, but won’t come spraying out like fire hose. If it was me, I would get rid of any pressurized fuel,oil lines in the cabin area.

8 hours ago, teejayevans said:

Not quite, those are not under pressure, so fuel may seep out, but won’t come spraying out like fire hose. If it was me, I would get rid of any pressurized fuel,oil lines in the cabin area.

While they are not under pressure, under a hard enough impact the tanks and lines can rupture, spraying burning 100LL into the cabin.

Clarence

1 minute ago, teejayevans said:

Maybe but pressurized hoses can fail, chafe, or come loose at anytime, no accident required.

Having done this for 35 years, I have yet to see a line leak that was tightened properly.

Clarence