Prebuy inspection in Texas (San Antonio Area)

I am another that bought from AAA and used Don for the pre-buy.  His list, although long and detailed, had many minor things that were addressed post-sale.  I have recently had some issues (common for as much as I have been flying) and Don has taken care of me.  I even had a issue at OSH this year and saw Don at the vendor hall and he discussed options with me on-site and had me fixed the day he got back from his trip. I trust his advise.  I don't think he is a god or don't hold him like that.  He is a regular guy that cares about making you satisfied and safe.  He flies all the planes after maintenance issue to ensure it is fixed, and fixed right.

I have also used Ron Fisher (at Kestrel) for the airframe before this one and he has found a couple of airworthy issues that he wouldn't let go even though Jimmy was at his field.  Obvioulsly, Jimmy said "fix it" to Ron and myself before the purchase.

JD (SWTA) is on my short-call list if I cannot get into DMaxx. JD is a little further (for me) than Longview but with @gsxrpilot advise and like airframe, I would not hesitate.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Cyril Gibb said:

Probably not a good idea on this blog to criticize an apparent godlike being, but a plane just out of annual with popped rivets and idle speed and mixture incorrect does raise some questions.  Truth as usual lies somewhere between the two extremes.  I’ll pull on my asbestos underwear.

I agree with that sentiment.

Also I was careful not to criticize and just present the facts.

Were all capable of making up our own minds based on this.

• Thanks 1