ISO speed brake switch/button under King autopilot/trim yoke switch

Oldguy

Russ,

For clarity....

is the switch still working, and just missing the plastic cap?

There are a couple of threads around here that identify various switches and plastic caps and their suppliers...

Fortunately Mooney didn’t build everything in the plane...

You should be able to find both the switch and the cap...

Originally the whole assembly was supplied by BK... but the sub parts are ordinary electronic supplies...

PP thoughts as usual, not a mechanic...

Best regards,

-a- 

• 2 months later...

welcome aboard!

Got a pic of the other side, Julian?

Looking to see if the manufacturer left a part number for us to see...

Often, the switches for the entire unit can be purchased from an electrical supply shop...

The trim switches are often guilty of failing...

To go about proper channels ask Dan At Lasar... he is pretty good a looking up the exact parts and Mooney part numbers and getting them ordered...

Let us know if you need help finding Lasar... an MSC in CA, USA...

PP thoughts only, not a mechanic...

Best regards,

-a-

17 hours ago, julian said:

Hello all. On my 2016 Mooney Acclaim M20T the SPEEDBREAK PUSH BUTTON Mooney Part number 01265 has stop working properly. 

Anyone knows the standart part number and where can I buy a new one? 

Thanks!!

20191118_182709.thumb.jpg.1975fd5427be479aabb0be43df6ce8ef.jpg

switch speedbrake.jpeg

@julian, here is the part number from PFI. You can Google it and find it in several different places.

image.png.4b5543f893011674376cbb2daed2cd99.png

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Oldguy said:

@julian, here is the part number from PFI. You can Google it and find it in several different places.

image.png.4b5543f893011674376cbb2daed2cd99.png

@julian That switch is made by Eaton, but it doesn't look like anyone has it in stock. You might check with Paul Maxwell at Don Maxwell Aviation (pmaxwell@donmaxwell.com) and see if they have one or it there's a replacement you they use.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LANCECASPER said:

@julian That switch is made by Eaton, but it doesn't look like anyone has it in stock. You might check with Paul Maxwell at Don Maxwell Aviation (pmaxwell@donmaxwell.com) and see if they have one or it there's a replacement you they use.

Or you could bite the bullet and call Precise Flight. I will make the assumption if they are selling the kits, they likely have the parts. May not be the lowest price, but on-hand beats back-ordered.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Reviving this thread, unfortunately.  My speedbrake PB (PB-12331ZQ) has a broken solder post and I can't find any in stock online (Mouser/Digikey/Newark/etc..). I plan to check with Precise Flight Monday unless anyone knows of alternative sources.

It broke as I was checking the KFC200 disconnect switch that I will need to replace. I'm also looking for one of those.

Thanks.

Also - if anyone @Cabanaboy has a broken trim king yoke switch housing I could use to model in CAD, we may be able to print these as OPP cheaply instead of searching the ends of the earth for a $500 plastic shell. 

This is one I made, but the design is a bit different. I think the angles housing would be a bit more ergonomic. 

B5B8E077-9004-453B-A9D3-DD87868F11BF.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 10 months later...

Adding to old thread: 

I was looking to move my speed brake switch to the yoke as well, and found the switch housing difficult if not impossible to find. Lasar sells them, but it is still listed as out of stock. Had the yoke off to paint, and so turned to "owner produced part" method, and a desktop CNC, along with a pice of HDPE. Ive got to say, it turned out pretty good.

63832970320__8A7F5B80-3BC3-428D-85C4-591F82FA51BD.jpeg

IMG_2082.jpeg

IMG_2081.jpeg

IMG_2079.jpeg

• Like 2