ISO speed brake switch/button under King autopilot/trim yoke switch

Oldguy

In the process of upgrading my panel and interior, I would like to move my speed brake actuator button from the panel to my yoke. I have seen several setups where the button is mounted on the pilot's left yoke horn under the autopilot/trim switch of the King A/P. I contacted Precise Flight to find out how to get the switch and was told they do not have it and have no record of having it. So I am reaching out to the collective memory of MS to see if anyone knows how I can obtain one of them. I have seen them mostly on the K models, but do not think it is model specific. Anybody have any suggestions? TIA

Edited to add picture.

What I am looking for is the piece approximately 1/2" thick under the trim switch. The one in this picture has lost most of its color, but shows location and size. Red actuator button is on the left side.

Terry (2).jpeg

I have a K model, 25-2026, with electric speed brakes.  My push-button switch is mounted on the left side of the pilots yoke, horizontally.  I can get you a picture, but I don't thing the switch is any special BK part.  It appears to be just a standard spring loaded switch.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Bryan said:

I have a K model, 25-2026, with electric speed brakes.  My push-button switch is mounted on the left side of the pilots yoke, horizontally.  I can get you a picture, but I don't thing the switch is any special BK part.  It appears to be just a standard spring loaded switch.

Thanks, Bryan. That would be great.

That switch is Mooney Part# 01265.  I'd have to check with them on Monday for pricing.  Agree there's probably one or more equivalent push-button "click-on, click-off" type switches at places like Mouser or Greybar.  Unless anyone else has this covered, happy to dig and see what I can find out.

Steve

• Like 1

On 8/18/2018 at 10:51 AM, StevenL757 said:

He's talking about the black button mounted horizontally on the far left side of the yoke (the top photo in Brian's post), not the red A/P Disconnect button on top.

Specifically, I am looking for the piece the black button (p/n 01265) is mounted on. I would agree it almost looks like a BK part as it has the same footprint as the autopilot/trim switch. Right now, mine is mounted on my panel, and switching it on and off takes eye movement to see where I need to push. Not a critical issue, but anytime I can limit my eye movement during approach or departure, I am all for it.

Thanks.

That switch is Mooney Part# 01265.  I'd have to check with them on Monday for pricing.  Agree there's probably one or more equivalent push-button "click-on, click-off" type switches at places like Mouser or Greybar.  Unless anyone else has this covered, happy to dig and see what I can find out.

Steve

I’m talking about the extension piece that the switches are mounted on, not the switches themselves.

6 hours ago, teejayevans said:

I’m talking about the extension piece that the switches are mounted on, not the switches themselves.

Thanks TJ...yeah, you're right - I didn't read carefully enough.

John, did some more looking.  You need PreciseFlight Part# M21-F12, or Mooney Parts# 950207-001 (spacer) and PB-12331ZQ (switch), or possibly MPA106D with 1825068-1 button.

Let me know if this helps.  Sorry for any misdirection (edit).

Steve

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, StevenL757 said:

John, did some more looking.  You need PreciseFlight Part# M21-F12, or Mooney Parts# 950207-001 (spacer) and PB-12331ZQ (switch), or possibly MPA106D with 1825068-1 button.

Steve, perfect hit on the Mooney p/n. LASAR lists the part but is sold out. Now that I have the id of what I need, I can extend the search. Thanks again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oldguy said:

Steve, perfect hit on the Mooney p/n. LASAR lists the part but is sold out. Now that I have the id of what I need, I can extend the search. Thanks again.

Get it from DigiKey      https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/electroswitch/PB-12331ZQ/PB-12331ZQ-ND/1209275

or Sager:  https://www.sager.com/pb-12331zq-407948.html?utm_source=octopart&utm_medium=ppc&utm_campaign=sager-brand

or better yet on clearance here: http://www.switchesunlimited.com/part-details.php?PID=8246734

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, LANCECASPER said:
1 hour ago, Oldguy said:

Get it from DigiKey      https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/electroswitch/PB-12331ZQ/PB-12331ZQ-ND/1209275

or Sager:  https://www.sager.com/pb-12331zq-407948.html?utm_source=octopart&utm_medium=ppc&utm_campaign=sager-brand

or better yet on clearance here: http://www.switchesunlimited.com/part-details.php?PID=8246734

You're welcome...thanks to TJ's correction.  :-)

Lance beat me to it...DigiKey has always been good.  Not necessarily the cheapest, but they've had things others haven't.

Let us know how you make out?

• Like 2

977-1.jpg

This is the part I am searching for. It is the 950207-001 part number. I have everything else and just need this one final piece. I would even be willing to make it as an "owner created" part if I could get all of the specs.

Thanks for all of the info guys.

On 8/18/2018 at 11:23 AM, Bryan said:

IMG_1897.jpeg

Off topic, but I noticed what appears to be a rounded plastic button on the CWS switch. All mine has is a little protuberance which is a bit on the sharp side, making for painful use. Is that plastic piece factory or did you fashion it yourself?

1 hour ago, flyboy0681 said:

Off topic, but I noticed what appears to be a rounded plastic button on the CWS switch. All mine has is a little protuberance which is a bit on the sharp side, making for painful use. Is that plastic piece factory or did you fashion it yourself?

You may have to do a little research by Googling pushbutton switch caps or something like that.

This is what I found after about 3 minutes of looking:

https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/nkk-switches/AT475A/360-2159-ND/1014855

• Like 1

Most of the push-buttons have a "cap" atop the shaft to spread out the load when pushing the button.  This CWS button came from the factory this way.  My guess, you lost your "cap" for the push-button.  You have to remove them when replacing the switches to get them to go back down into the hole to be removed.  You might be able to find a replacement cap/button at a RadioShack or the internet.  The cap just pulls off and pushes on.

4 minutes ago, Bryan said:

Most of the push-buttons have a "cap" atop the shaft to spread out the load when pushing the button.  This CWS button came from the factory this way.  My guess, you lost your "cap" for the push-button.  You have to remove them when replacing the switches to get them to go back down into the hole to be removed.  You might be able to find a replacement cap/button at a RadioShack or the internet.  The cap just pulls off and pushes on.

Finding the correct size could be a problem.

You refer to Radio Shack. What's that?

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...