Pacific NW BBQ Saturday 8/18

amillet

Several NW Mooney pilots are going to meet at KCLM (Port Angeles) on Saturday 8/18 for some formation practice.  Brenda and I will be hosting an informal BBQ lunch afterwards and are inviting all other Northwest Mooney pilots @Igor_U @Bob - S50 @Val Alexandrovich @milotron to join us.  Fly into W28 (Sequim) about 1:00 P.M. and we will give you a ride to our home for lunch. (Time approximate - when we finish our formation flying). Let me know if you plan to attend so we can plan for food and supplies.

Alan Millet

2 hours ago, amillet said:

Several NW Mooney pilots are going to meet at KCLM (Port Angeles) on Saturday 8/18 for some formation practice.  Brenda and I will be hosting an informal BBQ lunch afterwards and are inviting all other Northwest Mooney pilots @Igor_U @Bob - S50 @Val Alexandrovich @milotron to join us.  Fly into W28 (Sequim) about 1:00 P.M. and we will give you a ride to our home for lunch. (Time approximate - when we finish our formation flying). Let me know if you plan to attend so we can plan for food and supplies.

Alan Millet

I wish I could, but one of my partners has the airplane reserved for Friday and Saturday.  He's doing a Challenge Flight charity event on Saturday.  I haven't done any formation flying since my Air Force days and would love to do some again and see how much difference there is when flying behind a prop instead of sitting in front of a jet.

I will, however, be stopping at W28 on Monday when I have a 1300 blood bank pickup for Angel Flight West.

11 hours ago, Bob - S50 said:

I wish I could, but one of my partners has the airplane reserved for Friday and Saturday.  He's doing a Challenge Flight charity event on Saturday.  I haven't done any formation flying since my Air Force days and would love to do some again and see how much difference there is when flying behind a prop instead of sitting in front of a jet.

I will, however, be stopping at W28 on Monday when I have a 1300 blood bank pickup for Angel Flight West.

It’s only a 2 hour drive in the car?

I hope this went well today!  Sadly M20J is still in the shop getting a new engine.  Hopefully it will be complete soon.  I look forward to joining the next one.  I have done a few formation clinics with Cessnas2Oshkosh in the past and really enjoyed it.  Looking forward to doing it in the Mooney.

Trevor

Left to right:  Amber & Matt @M20C_AV8R, M20 C owners; Matt rode with me in his first formation flight; Dan (N201XG) @adverseyaw; Sausage @FlyTester (N6578U); me (Brenda, my wife in 2nd photo here); Halle & Ben @FlyingAg14(N477T)

B6EA6DCA-ACBB-46A3-9280-51C23F995985.jpeg

Edited by amillet
adding MS names
  • Like 5