Window Tint Solution

Kristoffer

I don't know if it has made it to this forum yet but there is a new window tint option. It is from a company called Jet-Shades. I have it on my airplane and love it here is a link to a blog I made with some pictures and a discount code I talked them into. https://baronpilot.net/blogs/news/jet-shades-window-tint 

And no I do not have any financial interests

Of course the discount code doesn't apply to those that bashed me for my video! :P

Edited by Kristoffer

Talk to Kevin Dugan the owner, they currently don’t have them available for Mooneys, I’m working with Kevin to get the proper sizing and fit for long body Mooneys, I expect to have mine in 5-6 weeks. I’ll be tracing the first set after annual. Hopefully they will be available shortly after. Real nice product, which lowers the temp dramatically in the sun.

9 hours ago, Raptor05121 said:

I just put some static cling on my rear windows. It cut down the heat quite a bit. I'd like to do a brow over the front windows and windsheild

I did my windshield brow with the cling stuff.    It's really nice having the brow up there, but the cling does need to be redone once in a while.   Mine's starting to come off at the very top.   The nice thing with the cling is that you can either rip it down, clean it, and put it back up, or just cut a new piece using the old one as a template.   That stuff's cheap enough I could do that for a long time and still feel ahead of the game.  ;)

9 hours ago, Greg Ellis said:

This guy was at Oshkosh and sells a similar product.  You can make your own templates according to his website (he shows you how) and then he will make them for you.

www.justplanetint.com

RE: https://www.justplanetint.com/  I bought his kit at OSH.  I enjoyed talking to the owner, and liked the product.  The kit has 1 tint piece and one solid, both stored in a nice pouch.  So far, it has worked well.  Stays in place, and is much larger than the cling film type I have seen before.  Time is the real test, so I will report back later.  

-dan

10 hours ago, Greg Ellis said:

This guy was at Oshkosh and sells a similar product.  You can make your own templates according to his website (he shows you how) and then he will make them for you.

www.justplanetint.com

Looks like a fair cheap option for spot tinting. But that does not compare to the quality of the jet-shades option. 

14 hours ago, Raptor05121 said:

I just put some static cling on my rear windows. It cut down the heat quite a bit. I'd like to do a brow over the front windows and windsheild

I did the brow on the front windows and windshield. The one on the windshield is an elliptical shape if you do it to have it go straight across. I used some blue painters tape on the sides and in the center and ran a string across then got inside and sat down to see where it would be. Then I laid the tint over it, marked it, and took it off to cut it. 

A roll of tint is cheap enough you can redo it every year or two without it breaking the bank. 

• Like 3