NOADSB message on GTX330ES

FastTex

I have a GTX330ES and I have configured it following Garmin documentation.

I have had the radio tech checked the XPDR and it’s sending the info properly.

When I take off to fly to an ADSB area to get certified I get a “NOADSB” flashing message on the top left of the 330ES.

Is anyone having the same issue? Any idea on how to solve it? Is it because I have not been certified yet? 

I tried once to do all the maneuvers requested (just in case) and the FAA report said...no good!

Thanks!

First it is no longer necessary to do the flight test for the FAA that was only for the rebate installations.

NO ADSB or no ES messages are indicating that there is not a valid GPS position source available to the transponder.

Either the configurations are wrong or the wiring is not correct.

Did it ever work?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Cruiser said:

First it is no longer necessary to do the flight test for the FAA that was only for the rebate installations.

NO ADSB or no ES messages are indicating that there is not a valid GPS position source available to the transponder.

Either the configurations are wrong or the wiring is not correct.

Did it ever work?

No, it didn’t. I got the Mooney and flew it waiting to activate the 330es. The transponder works because I tested it with ATC. I have the Garmin paperwork related to the upgrade completed in 2015. I guess I need to ask my radio tech to check all connections...thanks for the info.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 4:41 PM, AaronDC8402 said:

It sounds like the transponder is not getting position from the GPS. We see that message on our 330ES any time the GPS temporarily loses position or you turn the GPS off.

Thanks. I talked with the radio expert and he thinks the same thing. These guys are super busy so he will check my connections between the 330 and the 430 in the next few months. Hopefully, it will not be a big deal...

• 6 months later...

Ok, here is un update. 

The NOADSB message is now gone. The radio tech said it was a configuration issue. HOWEVER....the FAA report still failed and now I get this message on my 430W (pic below). Any suggestion? I'm almost ready to fly to a specialized place and get it done. Any good place in SC or NC?

GPS MSG - noid.jpg

It means the transponder is not providing that data.  This should be a rather simple interface and set up.  You need the wireing between the transponder and 430 checked and then the setup done per the manual.  Any avionics shop should be able to help.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, takair said:

It means the transponder is not providing that data.  This should be a rather simple interface and set up.  You need the wireing between the transponder and 430 checked and then the setup done per the manual.  Any avionics shop should be able to help.  

Should the transponder be the device sending the ADSB data out? I thought the 430W was supposed to provide the coordinates to the XPDR (330ES upgrade for ADSB). That's why that message confused me...

Should the transponder be the device sending the ADSB data out? I thought the 430W was supposed to provide the coordinates to the XPDR (330ES upgrade for ADSB). That's why that message confused me...

What a 330 ES does is send out the Mode S position report that will satisfy the ADS-B out requirement. The only “in” capability the 330 ES has is the old TIS-A capability that is being phased out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

So...based on all the comments above the 430 should "send" info to the 330 which will broadcast the ADSB message. If that's correct why is the 430 showing a "not receiving" data error? The 430 should not need anything from the 330.

My plan is obviously only to have the ADSB OUT from the 330. I have the iFly for the ADSB IN which works great.

The 330es receives a GPS data from the 430W and sends the ADS-B OUT data to the FAA . You should fly and then ask for a report to verify the unit is transmitting the proper data stream. https://adsbperformance.faa.gov/PAPRRequest.aspx

When your avionics tech made the changes it looks like they configured your 430W to receive ADS-B IN which the 330es does not provide. 

D174A0D3-AB72-406F-A6F8-78B670612715.thumb.png.a3dceec74519177b11c6e10dbaf4a7d8.png

The simplest thing to look at is if the GTX-330 TIS output is turned on in the maintenance settings.  Likely not.  This would trigger the 430 to give that message.  However, there are two 429 outputs, so you need to know which, if any are wired for what.  If the hangar elves decide to play with these settings, they need to be sure they write things down and understand what they are changing, since the various settings can quickly disable the transponder.