M20K cowl bumper assembly

larryb

This is item 17 in the Mooney M20K IPC, shown below.  It rests against the lower cowl. Mine are a bit deteriorated.

590026-501  BUMPER ASSEMBLY

I'm looking for a convenient source. I know I can call my MSC, but I was hoping to just conveniently order online from a place like Spruce. Google hasn't helped me with this part number.

image.png.dcf04f26765ab28499515a1a7aeed167.png

16 minutes ago, larryb said:

Thank you! It doesn’t match the IPC pic but it does look like what is on the plane.

Don’t let anyone here know that you’re installing a Cessna part on your Mooney. The only thing worse would be a Comanche part!

Clarence

Call the good folks at Lord... they were at the show  (KOSH).  Expect that Aircraft Spruce can sell the entire line of Lord products, but may not have the exact one in stock.

The people at Lord can probably supply you with the right part number for you to order through A/S...

Or just call Dan at Lasar... some parts aren’t always extra expensive...

Some caution is required for the C parts... Probably cost a few extra knots in drag... :)

How many Lord donuts do you have on your plane? A dozen?

• landing gear
  • engine mounts 
  • cowl mounts
  • instrument panel mounts?

PP ideas only, not a mechanic...

best regards,

-a-