Questions regarding Lord discs stored for 13 years

2 hours ago, LANCECASPER said:

RE: the 13 year old shock discs, if they've been stored inside under temperature control I'd be willing to go with them.

+1, if the rubber is playable (fingernail test) I'd install them

11 hours ago, carusoam said:

Did you really have the old firestone donuts?

There may be a requirement for some parts for the conversion to Lord donuts...

Best regards,

-a-

Yes, I really still have the Firestones. I have seen other planes for sale recently that also have them.... I am doing the conversion per Mooney’s instructions, which does require quite a few new parts if you’re going to follow the instructions to the letter. It is not a cheap conversion.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PilotCoyote said:

Yes, I really still have the Firestones. I have seen other planes for sale recently that also have them.... I am doing the conversion per Mooney’s instructions, which does require quite a few new parts if you’re going to follow the instructions to the letter. It is not a cheap conversion.

Just went through the conversion on both mains myself. Hardware : $1200, Pucks (8): $1000, Labor $500, The new ride....Priceless! :D

Gear 5.jpg

gear 4.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PilotCoyote said:

The kit through Mooney is wildly spendy, give LASAR a call, they had everything in stock when I did mine a few years ago

LASAR is out of the PMA  later style shock links until end of the year.... so it’s either Mooney $$$ links or a serviceable used set. I have been told that you can use all of your original hardware, including the shock links by flipping the top spacer and moving it to the bottom of the shock link, but I didn’t want to do it that way.

Edited by PilotCoyote

23 hours ago, PilotCoyote said:

LASAR is out of the PMA  later style shock links until end of the year.... so it’s either Mooney $$$ links or a serviceable used set. I have been told that you can use all of your original hardware, including the shock links by flipping the top spacer and moving it to the bottom of the shock link, but I didn’t want to do it that way.

Or spruce , or any other company that sells Lord products..