3100 Autopilot - S-TEC Autopilot - Program Details

Barry, I trust this will be a drop in replacement for the Mooney G1000 airframes and give them Lpv coupled approaches if they have WAAS, along with other coupled precision approaches, correct? if so, I am sure you will get your 10 to fund the STC in short order

4 minutes ago, mike_elliott said:

Barry, I trust this will be a drop in replacement for the Mooney G1000 airframes and give them Lpv coupled approaches if they have WAAS, along with other coupled precision approaches, correct? if so, I am sure you will get your 10 to fund the STC in short order

Hi,

The 3100 is the same physical size of the 55X. The 3100 uses the same servos and that are in place. The Dealer will have to remove the servo's to check for Torque settings and for correct part numbers. Genesys Aerosystems will warranty the installed servo's like new. There is a back shell connector that will be replaced. 

The 3100 autopilot upgrade from a 55X for $9,995.00 is a fantastic. This would be a new autopilot for your aircraft. 

Product Link - http://genesys-aerosystems.com/products/s-tec-3100-digital-flight-control-system

Pilots guide link - https://genesys-aerosystems.com/sites/default/files/87325.PDF

Brochure link - http://genesys-aerosystems.com/sites/default/files/files/GenesysAerosystems_S-TEC_3100__Digital_Autopilot_Brochure_2017 (002).pdf

If you have questions or would like to find your nearest Genesys-Aerosystems Dealer, please email or call me direct:

Barry LeBlanc

Genesys Aerosystems Regional Sales Manager

PH: 940.327.0707

Email: Barry.LeBlanc@genesys-aerosystems.com

S-TEC 3100POH.PDF 3100 Pilot Slide show.pptx

• Like 1

Let me rephrase the question, Barry, Will the Genysis STC for the long body Mooneys allow the 3100 to be fully integrated with the STC for the G1000 that is available on some M20M's and M20R's without any "legal" or paperwork issues the proud new owner of an STEC 3100 in this configuration would be exposed to? I could not find the clear answer to this in the manuals you provided and am asking a question that many would like an official position answer on if you or someone from Genysis could publically provide it.

Thanks Barry,

Oh, There is one G1000/M20TN with an STEC 55x AP in the wild. I think Maxwell Avionics is going to put a GFC500 in it. Garmin says you cant, Maxwell says you can. Owner caught between a couple of greed glands....

20 minutes ago, mike_elliott said:

Let me rephrase the question, Barry, Will the Genysis STC for the long body Mooneys allow the 3100 to be fully integrated with the STC for the G1000 that is available on some M20M's and M20R's without any "legal" or paperwork issues the proud new owner of an STEC 3100 in this configuration would be exposed to? I could not find the clear answer to this in the manuals you provided and am asking a question that many would like an official position answer on if you or someone from Genysis could publically provide it.

Thanks Barry,

Oh, There is one G1000/M20TN with an STEC 55x AP in the wild. I think Maxwell Avionics is going to put a GFC500 in it. Garmin says you cant, Maxwell says you can. Owner caught between a couple of greed glands....

On 6/22/2019 at 11:43 AM, Bob_Belville said:

Hi Barry, I assume the Twin Lakes PO is for my M20E, N943RW. (You and I talked at MooneyMax and involved Robbie at Twin Lakes about the Aspen interface.) 

Hi Bob,

Yes your M20E, N943RW is registered on the list. Thank you Barry

On 6/24/2019 at 7:41 AM, mike_elliott said:

Let me rephrase the question, Barry, Will the Genesys STC for the long body Mooney's allow the 3100 to be fully integrated with the STC for the G1000 that is available on some M20M's and M20R's without any "legal" or paperwork issues the proud new owner of an STEC 3100 in this configuration would be exposed to? I could not find the clear answer to this in the manuals you provided and am asking a question that many would like an official position answer on if you or someone from Genesys could publically provide it.

Thanks Barry,

Hi Mike,

I can not fully speak to the Maxwell Avionics situation however the Garmin Mooney STC is very model specific. Genesys Aerosystems will cover the "Long Body models" in the S-TEC STC. The experience that Genesys Aerosystems with our previous STC allows the wide  model range and expedient STC advantage.

The G1000 provides interface information that is required.  However the G1000 is not bi-directional. You will not see mode annunciation or any altitude preselect on the G1000. This will be displayed on the 3100. We do not need any blessing from Garmin or Mooney to interface with the G1000.

I hope this helps,

Thank You 

Barry LeBlanc 

Edited by Barry LeBlanc
New Information
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Barry LeBlanc said:

Hi Mike,

I can not fully speak to the Maxwell Avionics situation however the Garmin Mooney STC is very model specific. Genesys Aerosystems will cover the "Long Body models" in the S-TEC STC. The experience that Genesys Aerosystems with our previous STC allows the wide  model range and expedient STC advantage.

We are interfacing the 3100 with other G1000 aircraft.  The G1000 provides interface information that is required.  However the G1000 is not bi-directional. You will not see mode annunciation or any altitude preselect on the G1000. This will be displayed on the 3100. We do not need any blessing from Garmin or Mooney to interface with the G1000.

I hope this helps,

Thank You 

Barry LeBlanc 

Thanks Barry, currently some annunciation is provided to the G1000 by the STEC 55x, and the altitude can be selected on the G1000 and captured by the VS of the 55x.  Hopefully, some of these few "handshakes" will be retained for a more integrated solution. This does make a lot of sense for the G1000/Stec owners who otherwise are faced with a large G700 AP upgrade, along with a Wa$$ upgrade for their birds to keep them somewhat current in technical capabilities. As ILS's fade into the chapters of the Loran and ADF, this will be important for these guys.

I agree and I would target those planes today and tomorrow making sure they are aware of this. The serial numbers could easily be looked up and the owners contacted. It would be a huge loss to the long body planes with current stec unit to let this slip by. 

Barry, I believe you have about 130 Mooney STEC/G1000 planes out there that would be ripe for the conversion. Look them up and contact them. Be prepared to answer their questions of what integration issues they will have. They are all seeking a solution the 55x cannot currently give them.

Good luck! Consider joining the list of industry leading sponsors that donate a product to the Mooney Summit each year to aid downed Mooney Pilot's families at the time of their greatest need. Just last week we saw this need once again.

www.mooneysummit.com/sponsors

A 3100 donated would only set Genysis back the cost of goods, which Ill bet isnt that much, and buy you good will and advertising you couldnt get for 10x the money.

See if you can run that up the flagpole, Barry and join the leaders! We need industry to take a leading role here and Genesys has the opportunity to do just that.
Thanks for your consideration

• Like 4

As one of the 130(?) or so G1000 /Stec 55x long body owners I have joined Barrys list of committed orders.  Frankly, I "love" my Ovation (perhaps too much?) and having already invested in the WAAS upgrade, active traffic and the ADSB in/out thing, upgrading the AP seems like a veritable slam dunk of a decision at least for the type of flying I do.  Yes, I am hoping that the same G1000 annunciations and connectivity that I enjoy now ends up being part of the final 3100 package but I am willing to consider variations on that theme in order to get to a digital AP.  As a side note, I contacted both Mooney and Garmin on the GFC500 STC possibiltes before I joined the 3100 list and frankly got the equivalent of a firm "we aren't going to (or can't do) an STC for the GFC AP system for your aircraft" from both of them (if anyone has different info on that please let me know).  As I am sure we can all understand, economics will ultimately play a part in whether the Mooney STC program actually proceeds at Genesys (see Barrys post regarding the program potentially being postponed...indefinitely).  Why, for example ,would they commit to the Mooney STC for a handful of committed orders when another aircraft type may have much more volume for them?  For anyone who is on the fence with this decision,  I urge you to make your decision before the of the week.  

Fly safe, be well and greetings from Canada! 

Grant.

• Like 3

I’ll happily allow my M20E be used with a donated STEC to ensure Genesys can get older M20 models on an STC.

I’d fly around promoting how great the system was on all types of social media. That’s free advertising! Plus it’d be a nice upgrade from my 1 Axis Brittan GPSS equipped AP. :D

I’m impatient. I have an appointment with my lovely Avionics shop for late August for the biennial static check. So, why don’t y’all just ship my 3100 then, and we’ll stencil “experimental” on the side until you decide to do the paperwork? :D

16 minutes ago, Amelia said:

I’m impatient. I have an appointment with my lovely Avionics shop for late August for the biennial static check. So, why don’t y’all just ship my 3100 then, and we’ll stencil “experimental” on the side until you decide to do the paperwork? :D

Question is did stec get enough orders in over the weekend to even proceed with certification?  @Barry LeBlanc

2 hours ago, Amelia said:

Hi,

I am hoping we have enough by weeks end. The G1000 people need to contact me directly for the concerns they have. 

Edited by Barry LeBlanc

8 hours ago, Barry LeBlanc said:

Hi,

We did not and I have to next Monday.  The questions from the G1000 operators has been answered. I will be contacting the customers over the next few days. Please if you know of any Mooney owner please notify them of the program. 

I had my shop call you guys today. I am pretty sure I have decided to do the upgrade. You should be getting my PO in the next few days.

If I had an S-TEC, you'd have my PO for the upgrade. I'd bet $10K that the 3100 will be the best autopilot I can put in my Mooney. But as I have a BK KFC150 the ante is $20K+ and that is just a bit too rich for me to bet on this hand. If the STC gets approved, and the reports come back that it is everything we've hear it will be, then I will go all in and buy the full system for my 252.

Of course if Genesys offered me upgrade pricing for the system, even with refurbished servos, I'd submit the PO tomorrow.

Hopefully the STC goes through and we have an option other than Garmin for our Mooneys.

55 minutes ago, Danb said:

Ive been set, but the G-1000 inference or non-inference is problematic. If I have to give up any of the functions I currently have with the other Stec product deal's off.

Dan, did you get a message from @Barry LeBlanc in the last day or so detailing the G1000 situation?

1 hour ago, Danb said:

Ive been set, but the G-1000 inference or non-inference is problematic. If I have to give up any of the functions I currently have with the other Stec product deal's off.

Hopefully, the design engineers at STEC can inform sales at STEC what the durned thing will do in the way of functions and how they will integrate with the G1000 and sales can inform the potential customers so they dont have to make a irreversible leap of faith PO based on not knowing how it will work.