3100 Autopilot - S-TEC Autopilot - Program Details

Hi,

As I was locating the original 19 owners that signed up for the STC kick off to inform them of the start date,  the owners dwindle down to 8 commitments.  I need  8 to 10 committed owners to step up with a non-reversible purchase order to maintain the STC opportunity date.  This window will close on June 30th. The STC date would be pushed out  indefinitely  if I can not locate the additional 8 to 10 owners. 

If you can call your fellow Mooney owner and ask them to consider the program below. My cell phone is answered to 10PM every night till June 30th. Please call if you have any questions. 

Genesys Aerosystems is looking for 8- 10 owners to either upgrade or installs a new S-TEC 3100 installation. We would need a commitment total of 15 model owners to proceed with the STC. The commitment would be in the form of a purchase order to a Genesys Authorized Installation Center.

Genesys Aerosystems S-TEC 3100 is a fully featured, attitude-based autopilot that gives you a list of workload-reducing and safety-enhancing capabilities that were previously unavailable on aftermarket autopilots. Compatible with advanced digital sources & EFIS displays from Garmin, Aspen and others, the S-TEC 3100 delivers unmatched features and benefits: 

• Precise, digital flight control for every phase of flight
  • 2-axis (3-axis option on some models)
  • Automatic Trim included
  • Envelope Protection/Alerting
  • Straight and Level Recovery
  • Precision Approaches/Missed Approaches
  • Indicated Airspeed Hold
  • Altitude Pre-select
  • Moreover, much more!

For the owners who currently have an S-TEC autopilot installed, the upgrade price will depend on the equipment already installed. The 3100 AP would be an outstanding bargain to get the benefits of a fully integrated digital autopilot, especially considering the additional safety features which it will bring. Upgrades start at $9,995 retail.

For the owners who currently do not have an S-TEC autopilot installed. The 2-axis S-TEC 3100 is $19,995 retail for a new digital flight control system, which includes altitude hold, auto trim and altitude pre-select, as well as new features such as envelope protection and straight and level mode. The 3-axis version adds Yaw Damper and is $24,995 retail.

Genesys Aerosystems S-TEC autopilot STC process is determined by which model owners express interest.

The most significant benefit to submitting a purchase order (early) is that we will extend the 2-year warranty to 3 years for all new parts from the factory (new installs and new controllers/servos). Also, we are offering a 2-year warranty on any currently installed S-TEC servos. No matter how old they are.

The extended warranty offer is only valid until we gain the STC. Once that occurs, the regular warranty period will be offered

Please Visit our website: 

Product Link - https://genesys-aerosystems.com/products/s-tec-3100-digital-flight-control-system

Pilots guide link - https://genesys-aerosystems.com/sites/default/files/87325.PDF

Brochure link - http://genesys-aerosystems.com/sites/default/files/files/GenesysAerosystems_S-TEC_3100__Digital_Autopilot_Brochure_2017 (002).pdf

If you have questions or would like to find your nearest Genesys-Aerosystems Dealer, please email or call me direct:

Barry LeBlanc

Genesys Aerosystems Regional Sales Manager

Cell Phone: 940.327.0707

Email: Barry.LeBlanc@genesys-aerosystems.com

S-TEC 3100POH.PDF

Edited by Barry LeBlanc
Possibility of Program Delay
  • Like 3

• 5 months later...

Just checking to see if anybody has an update on this, since we're now into the first quarter of 2019.  @Barry LeBlanc, has the company started the STC process for Mooneys? And is there any news on how well integrated they will be with the legacy G1000 aircraft like mine?

Just checking to see if anybody has an update on this, since we're now into the first quarter of 2019.  [mention=16588]Barry LeBlanc[/mention], has the company started the STC process for Mooneys? And is there any news on how well integrated they will be with the legacy G1000 aircraft like mine?

Nada here. My avionics shop called before the holidays and mentioned they were contacted for the PO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

18 hours ago, Jeff_S said:

Just checking to see if anybody has an update on this, since we're now into the first quarter of 2019.  @Barry LeBlanc, has the company started the STC process for Mooneys? And is there any news on how well integrated they will be with the legacy G1000 aircraft like mine?

Today I received an update email from Jamie Luster who I assume is Barry's boss, mostly regarding their blog. In case Barry is on leave, I emailed Jamie and asked if either she or if Barry is around, can one of them come on the forum to let us know the latest progress status for the Mooney STC and also answer Jeff's question.  I provided Jamie with the link to this thread.

As an aside, I read Jamie's bio and it states she has 450 hours mostly on Mooney aircraft.

Hopefully we'll hear something soon.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

Here is the update for the Mooney 3100 STC program. With government shutdowns, late aircraft to the hangers and holidays we have slipped in the scheduled start date. Absolutely did not want to post news that would be false. You can always call me directly for updates. The company ODA has re-scheduled the start STC date for mid-July.  We have an aircraft owner selected from NJ.

My telephone number is 940.327.0707

Thank You,

Barry LeBlanc

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Barry LeBlanc said:

Hi,

Here is the update for the Mooney 3100 STC program. With government shutdowns, late aircraft to the hangers and holidays we have slipped in the scheduled start date. Absolutely did not want to post news that would be false. You can always call me directly for updates. The company ODA has re-scheduled the start STC date for mid-July.  We have an aircraft owner selected from NJ.

My telephone number is 940.327.0707

Thank You,

Barry LeBlanc

Thanks for the update Barry. Any sense how long it will take to go through the certification process? I suspect that with shops buried in ADS-B installations, there will be additional delays while many of us wait for shop openings. My shop is booking into November already. 

Do you know if the owner from NJ is on MooneySpace and the plane's ID is guarded secret? We are tracking the GFC 500 certification tests as the owner is here on MooneySpace.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Marauder said:

Thanks for the update Barry. Any sense how long it will take to go through the certification process? I suspect that with shops buried in ADS-B installations, there will be additional delays while many of us wait for shop openings. My shop is booking into November already. 

Do you know if the owner from NJ is on MooneySpace and the plane's ID is guarded secret? We are tracking the GFC 500 certification tests as the owner is here on MooneySpace.

I have a slot at my avionics shop in October for the 3100 and the Aspen Max upgrade. Sounds like it might work. but if it slipped into November and I have the plane in October that would work too.

1 hour ago, Bob_Belville said:

I have a slot at my avionics shop in October for the 3100 and the Aspen Max upgrade. Sounds like it might work. but if it slipped into November and I have the plane in October that would work too.

Make sure you pay for the Max upgrade before April to get the cheap price.

• 1 month later...

Just to update this thread, I spoke with the Genesys folks at SnF and asked about the status of the STC program for the 3100.  Barry was around but not while I was there, so I spoke with Mike Demeter, Regional Sales Manager.  Mike confirmed that the STC program is scheduled to start early in the 2nd half for Mooneys in general. He also acknowledged that they still aren't sure exactly how the solution will be supported by those of us with G1000 avionics.  He notes that the preference is to access the G1000 through a digital interface since that is what the 3100 uses, but that a fallback could be to mimic the analog interface of the 55x.  It depends on how much Garmin wants to play...and probably also on what Mooney is willing to do.

So we shall see.  Those of you with purchase orders on the books, there is at least lip service to progress.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just to update this thread, I spoke with the Genesys folks at SnF and asked about the status of the STC program for the 3100.  Barry was around but not while I was there, so I spoke with Mike Demeter, Regional Sales Manager.  Mike confirmed that the STC program is scheduled to start early in the 2nd half for Mooneys in general. He also acknowledged that they still aren't sure exactly how the solution will be supported by those of us with G1000 avionics.  He notes that the preference is to access the G1000 through a digital interface since that is what the 3100 uses, but that a fallback could be to mimic the analog interface of the 55x.  It depends on how much Garmin wants to play...and probably also on what Mooney is willing to do.
So we shall see.  Those of you with purchase orders on the books, there is at least lip service to progress.

Thanks for the update Jeff. I have been keeping up with a couple of owners who have done the upgrade in their non-Mooney aircraft. Based on their comments about the performance, it is a no-brainer upgrade for anyone with an STEC autopilot. Hopefully it will work out for you guys with the G1000s.

I am curious about the Aspen integration. I haven’t seen any updates on whether they ported over what they did for the 55X to the 3100. I have gotten used to the manual manipulation of the Aspen altitude setting despite it not controlling the altitude on the STEC. But would be nice if it did as well as the IAS capability on the Aspen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

• 1 month later...

Update - Twin Lakes Avionics just called to go over specs for upgrading STEC50 to 3100. Genesys advised them that Mooney STC will start in August to complete mid September. That seems to be just a little slip from what @Barry LeBlancposted here in Feb. 

I am scheduled at Twin Lakes Avionics for 10/28. We plan to do the Aspen MAX upgrade at the same time. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

As I was locating the original 19 owners that signed up for the STC kick off to inform them of the start date,  the owners dwindle down to 8 commitments.  I need  8 to 10 committed owners to step up with a non-reversible purchase order to maintain the STC opportunity date.  This window will close on June 30th. The STC date would be pushed out  indefinitely  if I can not locate the additional 8 to 10 owners. 

If you can call your fellow Mooney owner and ask them to consider the program below. My cell phone is answered to 10PM every night till June 30th. Please call if you have any questions. 

Genesys Aerosystems is looking for 8- 10 owners to either upgrade or installs a new S-TEC 3100 installation. We would need a commitment total of 15 model owners to proceed with the STC. The commitment would be in the form of a purchase order to a Genesys Authorized Installation Center.

Genesys Aerosystems S-TEC 3100 is a fully featured, attitude-based autopilot that gives you a list of workload-reducing and safety-enhancing capabilities that were previously unavailable on aftermarket autopilots. Compatible with advanced digital sources & EFIS displays from Garmin, Aspen and others, the S-TEC 3100 delivers unmatched features and benefits: 

• Altitude Pre-select
  • Moreover, much more!

For the owners who currently have an S-TEC autopilot installed, the upgrade price will depend on the equipment already installed. The 3100 AP would be an outstanding bargain to get the benefits of a fully integrated digital autopilot, especially considering the additional safety features which it will bring. Upgrades start at $9,995 retail.

For the owners who currently do not have an S-TEC autopilot installed. The 2-axis S-TEC 3100 is $19,995 retail for a new digital flight control system, which includes altitude hold, auto trim and altitude pre-select, as well as new features such as envelope protection and straight and level mode. The 3-axis version adds Yaw Damper and is $24,995 retail.

Genesys Aerosystems S-TEC autopilot STC process is determined by which model owners express interest.

The most significant benefit to submitting a purchase order (early) is that we will extend the 2-year warranty to 3 years for all new parts from the factory (new installs and new controllers/servos). Also, we are offering a 2-year warranty on any currently installed S-TEC servos. No matter how old they are.

The extended warranty offer is only valid until we gain the STC. Once that occurs, the regular warranty period will be offered

Product Link - https://genesys-aerosystems.com/products/s-tec-3100-digital-flight-control-system

Pilots guide link - https://genesys-aerosystems.com/sites/default/files/87325.PDF

Brochure link - http://genesys-aerosystems.com/sites/default/files/files/GenesysAerosystems_S-TEC_3100__Digital_Autopilot_Brochure_2017 (002).pdf

If you have questions or would like to find your nearest Genesys-Aerosystems Dealer, please email or call me direct:

Barry LeBlanc

Edited by Barry LeBlanc
Possibility of Program Delay
  • Like 1

On 2/14/2019 at 7:46 AM, Marauder said:

Hi, The owner passed away in the process. It is sad and I can not release the tail number. 

Edited by Barry LeBlanc

59 minutes ago, Bob_Belville said:

Hi Barry, I assume the Twin Lakes PO is for my M20E, N943RW. (You and I talked at MooneyMax and involved Robbie at Twin Lakes about the Aspen interface.) 

Hi, I looked on sheet and do see a pre-stc purchase order, please have Robbie send a firm PO in, Thank you Barry

Hi,

As I was locating the original 19 owners that signed up for the STC kick off to inform them of the start date,  the owners dwindle down to 8 commitments.  I need  8 to 10 committed owners to step up with a non-reversible purchase order to maintain the STC opportunity date.  This window will close on June 30th. The STC date would be pushed out  indefinitely  if I can not locate the additional 8 to 10 owners. 

Genesys Aerosystems is looking for 8- 10 owners to either upgrade or installs a new S-TEC 3100 installation. We would need a commitment total of 15 model owners to proceed with the STC. The commitment would be in the form of a purchase order to a Genesys Authorized Installation Center.

• Altitude Pre-select
  • Moreover, much more!

For the owners who currently have an S-TEC autopilot installed, the upgrade price will depend on the equipment already installed. The 3100 AP would be an outstanding bargain to get the benefits of a fully integrated digital autopilot, especially considering the additional safety features which it will bring. Upgrades start at $9,995 retail.

For the owners who currently do not have an S-TEC autopilot installed. The 2-axis S-TEC 3100 is $19,995 retail for a new digital flight control system, which includes altitude hold, auto trim and altitude pre-select, as well as new features such as envelope protection and straight and level mode. The 3-axis version adds Yaw Damper and is $24,995 retail.

The most significant benefit to submitting a purchase order (early) is that we will extend the 2-year warranty to 3 years for all new parts from the factory (new installs and new controllers/servos). Also, we are offering a 2-year warranty on any currently installed S-TEC servos. No matter how old they are.

The extended warranty offer is only valid until we gain the STC. Once that occurs, the regular warranty period will be offered

Product Link - https://genesys-aerosystems.com/products/s-tec-3100-digital-flight-control-system

Pilots guide link - https://genesys-aerosystems.com/sites/default/files/87325.PDF

Brochure link - http://genesys-aerosystems.com/sites/default/files/files/GenesysAerosystems_S-TEC_3100__Digital_Autopilot_Brochure_2017 (002).pdf

If you have questions or would like to find your nearest Genesys-Aerosystems Dealer, please email or call me direct:

Barry LeBlanc

This sure seems like a no-brainer for any Mooney currently flying with an Stec autopilot. 

The difference in labor costs between upgrading an existing Stec to a 3100 vs. ripping everything out and installing a Garmin, would be significant. It's basically the difference between installing the head unit only, or installing the head unit AND all the servos.

I'd be on the list if I had an Stec. With a KFC150, I'm still tempted.

On 6/22/2019 at 1:34 PM, gsxrpilot said:

This sure seems like a no-brainer for any Mooney currently flying with an Stec autopilot. 

The difference in labor costs between upgrading an existing Stec to a 3100 vs. ripping everything out and installing a Garmin, would be significant. It's basically the difference between installing the head unit only, or installing the head unit AND all the servos.

I'd be on the list if I had an Stec. With a KFC150, I'm still tempted.

Yip, if I compare this to Don Kaye's experience with the GFC500 thus far it's a very clear favorite too.  If I had an STEC I would sign today, but my Century2000 is working fine for the time being.  

• Like 1