ST-901 GPSS needed

wburger1

6 hours ago, wburger1 said:

I bought one of cheap Stec 901's ones on eBay that was 14V and set up for the same DG I have.  It is being installed today.  Hope it works. 

Curious as to whether or not you are having it installed by an S-Tec shop? I recently had one installed and it would not work correctly. The Avionics shop that did the install wired it incorrectly and the resistors were not changed for my equipment. Took it to the S-Tec dealer and now it works flawlessly. 

18 hours ago, wburger1 said:

Shop has the manuals.  Should be an easy install because plane it came out of had 14V, same DG and 430gps.

A resistor which is only available as an s-tec dealer needs to be installed in the control head to tell it that a GPSS is now part of the system. At least that is how mine needed to be modified in addition to the integration resistor- S-tec 30

Edited by Cris

On 8/10/2018 at 6:59 AM, wburger1 said:

Anyone (Alan Fox)  have a STEC 901 GPSS for sale.  Hooking it up to my67  M20F. I  have the STEC 30 with the STEC DG, Garmin 430W and GARMIN 106B.  My Mooney is 14V.  Should I take a chance and buy one on eBay??

I will sell you the brain box for 300.  does not come with the switch.  I upgraded to the Garmin G5 and no longer needed it....