Promotional give away

bonal

I have always been a huge admirer of lighting (three of these are at or just after suset) and the way it is used in photos, movies, and especially paintings. 

20170114_171020_HDR.thumb.jpg.fc43674e3814739cb90934e15a3c3b5c.jpg

Pit-stop in St George, (with or without the passengers). 

20170904_085403_HDR.thumb.jpg.b2490443de58b55008abc54f9dc65749.jpg

Wanted to get a little more of the profile in this one but was trying to get the sunset towards the middle and not have the old truck just out of the picture to the right in it.

20170204_171856_HDR.thumb.jpg.89c0476a3cc2909f5dcc8a67edb40990.jpg

This is quite possibly my favorite although it might be too dark for what you are painting. We landed just after sunset in Chandler and pulled up to the pump. I got out and thought "Wow, that would make a great picture." If you look close you can see the reflection of the tower and horizon in the window and down the side of the fuselage. 

20180126_181820.thumb.jpg.a9f26da2521f09f6d88a827779379995.jpg

• Like 3

Today is the last day to submit your entries and I must say it's going to be very difficult to pick the winning image. Any others please get them in by the end of the day today. I am really looking forward to getting started on this. I want to thank every one of you that took the time to respond.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

And the winning image is...well I don know yet as there are so many really interesting ones to choose from.  I may have to put a few in a hat and draw (pun intended) the winner. I am currently working on a portrait of a P51 named Primo Branco and will have to set aside to get busy on this. These paintings take a minimum of 50 working hours to complete so I best make up my mind and get to it.

Thank you all again for participating 

• Like 3

On 8/27/2018 at 12:55 PM, bonal said:

And the winning image is...well I don know yet as there are so many really interesting ones to choose from.  I may have to put a few in a hat and draw (pun intended) the winner. I am currently working on a portrait of a P51 named Primo Branco and will have to set aside to get busy on this. These paintings take a minimum of 50 working hours to complete so I best make up my mind and get to it.

Thank you all again for participating 

If you accidentally draw this one out of the hat, can we delete the Cessna in the background?   :D

20180825_193202.thumb.jpg.b7cd2815f568545f3fabbdfa5acedac7.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bonal said:

Well I have selected the winning image. But I may wait to announce it until I have the painting done.

Again, I want to thank all of you that took the time 

We are now all waiting with bated breath for the unveiling!

• 2 weeks later...