M20E - OFFICIAL FOREFLIGHT PERFORMANCE PROFILE

Foreflight is great, but it is missing 1 thing! A Foreflight Official Performance Profile. I had to step away from playing with my plane for the next couple of days due to business, but I had inquired with Foreflight and asked if they would make an official profile.

Does anyone have their M20E POH readily available and able to PM me or attach to this thread so I can reply back to this email from Foreflight:

image.thumb.png.4e5a6f98b67f0709b31badb007c84d1f.png

Thank you !

• Like 1

Uploaded all 3!

Out of curiosity, was it Mooney that Password Protected those files? I wanted to have Acrobat make the text look 21st century and print them off to read instead of them looking like they came from a vintage typewriter.

@bill98,

The newer POH is better than the older POH...

They all technically apply to the M20E, but the newer POH has a ton more data in it than the older versions...

The last M20E POH is probably 1976 or newer...

Important question for you...

Is ForeFlight going to use the data for for T/O and landing performance?  Including things like temp and density altitude..?

WnB would be nice, as would climb performance...  but nothing as critical as calculating go / nogo for T/O performance!

This would be spectacular! (Patrick would be smiling) :)

Best regards,

-a-

22 hours ago, carusoam said:

@bill98,

The newer POH is better than the older POH...

They all technically apply to the M20E, but the newer POH has a ton more data in it than the older versions...

The last M20E POH is probably 1976 or newer...

Important question for you...

Is ForeFlight going to use the data for for T/O and landing performance?  Including things like temp and density altitude..?

WnB would be nice, as would climb performance...  but nothing as critical as calculating go / nogo for T/O performance!

This would be spectacular! (Patrick would be smiling) :)

Best regards,

-a-

185A48CB-4378-4E40-8E3B-20F98B550FD3.png

6708E761-2DEE-4E69-B011-6378881FD503.png

Mooney has all the data... and has it put into each modern POH...

Building an App to calculate T/O and other calculations should be a top propiority...

Like having an electronic version of the POH...

I would pay real money for that app with specific Mooney details...

Anyone want to write an App?

Best regards,

-a-

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 8/9/2018 at 10:09 PM, carusoam said:

Mooney has all the data... and has it put into each modern POH...

Building an App to calculate T/O and other calculations should be a top propiority...

Like having an electronic version of the POH...

I would pay real money for that app with specific Mooney details...

Anyone want to write an App?

Best regards,

-a-

Yes

The Poh has us running our fingers up and down charts and graphs trying to calculate T/O distances...

Then we multiply by a giant safety factor

Not because the laws of physics aren’t predictable...

The app should simplify the entry of data and accuracy of calculating a T/O and landing distances...including DA...

Some of our iPads can measure our T/O distances... compare to calculated distances...

This gives a hint of how predictable your performance really is...

no wild safety guesses required...

Take out the guesses and there would be More Mooneys available for flying...

We have one MSer working on a spreadsheet for Ovations that can be applied to other planes with some additional effort...

Best regards,

-a-

• 1 year later...

The foreflight performance level subscriptions have a much more detailed profile that you can’t just enter into the basic subscriptions.

The basic ones are fine for a non turbo Mooney.  Check the other active thread for a place to start.