Empty Nest....Not Empty Hangar

On 8/9/2018 at 10:03 PM, 81X said:

...and then there are those of us with one year olds.  

If you’ve got a Mooney and a one year old then you’ve got yourself a “Mooney Memory Making Machine.”  MMMM.....Is this a new acronym?  If so then.......

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, INA201 said:

If you’ve got a Mooney and a one year old then you’ve got yourself a “Mooney Memory Making Machine.”  MMMM.....Is this a new acronym?  If so then.......

That’s the plan!  How young is too young to fly the airplane?   

On 8/9/2018 at 9:03 PM, 81X said:

...and then there are those of us with one year olds.  

I'm envious... not of having a toddler... but back when my first kid was one year old, the prospects of holding a pilots certificate, much less owning an airplane were as likely as winning the lottery. Good on ya for getting started so early. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, gsxrpilot said:

I'm envious... not of having a toddler... but back when my first kid was one year old, the prospects of holding a pilots certificate, much less owning an airplane were as likely as winning the lottery. Good on ya for getting started so early. 

Worked ridiculously hard since age 13, made a smart/lucky career choice, took a discovery flight lesson on a whim while single, waited a long time before having kid and the rest is history!  

• Like 1

On 8/8/2018 at 11:17 AM, Oldguy said:

Horses - aka 1200 lb. two year old. Can't kennel them, have to be fed at fairly regular times, and can find interesting and unique ways to injure themselves. And if taken care of, can live over 30 years. Currently have two mares - 28 and 30 years old - so when we want to go out of town, we have to have a "horse" sitter take care of them.

The last dog lived to 18, the kids have both been gone for 6+ years, and the cats are so low maintenance as to hardly be noticed. Once we are through with these last two horses, there are no more coming as we are moving to Lakeland when I retire in about 2 years. And if they are still around at that point, they go to the equine rescue where my wife sits on the board and will be funded by us for the remainder of their lives. 

Our animals and kids have all been a big part of our lives, but I sometimes envy those folks who truly have empty nests. I bet they can sleep later than 5:30 on weekends, if they want.

They can even sleep nooked too!

On 8/8/2018 at 10:17 AM, Oldguy said:

Our animals and kids have all been a big part of our lives, but I sometimes envy those folks who truly have empty nests. I bet they can sleep later than 5:30 on weekends, if they want.

Our dog is polite--if we sleep late in the morning, so does he, although he may want up in the bed with us after 0700-0730.

22 hours ago, carusoam said:

They have to be able to sit-up and see the AI...  My girl was a really good wing leveler from early on. :)

Best regards,

-a-

That's amazing.  teaching them instrument flight before visual flight.  It's about as backwards (read awesome) as putting a rudder on backwards

• Like 1