Argus 7000CE + WX-500 Stormscope

PDXBravo

I have a BF Goodrich WX-500 Stormscope connected to an Argus 7000C in my Bravo.  I've reviewed the manuals for both the WX-500 and the Argus and searched the internet and no where can I find how to: 1) Control the Argus' display of weather information or; 2) How to interpret data sent from the WX-500 and displayed on the Argus.  

Per the attached screen shot, while flying near cumulus I do occasionally see the "WX WARN" and lighting strike icon but I'm not sure what this means, IE: distance from a strike or cell?  I've also seen screen shots of a "cell" and a "strike" mode but I'm unsure how to cycle between these modes within the Argus.  

I'm hoping someone has experience working with the WX-500 via the Argus interface and can provide instruction/direction on how to best use these two tools together. 

Screen Shot 2018-08-06 at 9.03.33 PM.png

Edited by PDXBravo
To correct the image

• 2 months later...
On 8/6/2018 at 11:13 PM, PDXBravo said:

I have a BF Goodrich WX-500 Stormscope connected to an Argus 7000C in my Bravo.  I've reviewed the manuals for both the WX-500 and the Argus and searched the internet and no where can I find how to: 1) Control the Argus' display of weather information or; 2) How to interpret data sent from the WX-500 and displayed on the Argus.  

Per the attached screen shot, while flying near cumulus I do occasionally see the "WX WARN" and lighting strike icon but I'm not sure what this means, IE: distance from a strike or cell?  I've also seen screen shots of a "cell" and a "strike" mode but I'm unsure how to cycle between these modes within the Argus.  

I'm hoping someone has experience working with the WX-500 via the Argus interface and can provide instruction/direction on how to best use these two tools together. 

Is there a Flight Supplement telling how to use the Argus in your POH?

I think you will need to find that flight supplement that Lance mentions. I looked on the internet for it but kept getting "malicious" site warnings for the ones that claimed they had a manual. 

I have the WX-500 and something needs to be the controlling head for it. Originally, I had it installed only on my Aspen and the controlling head was the Aspen. So I suspect that may be the case with the Argus. When I installed the Lynx 9000, the control was moved over to the 9000. 

Do you have it interfaced with your navigator? If so, the control may be set from within the navigator. 

21220170dacfd2f7faea88804b5031bc.jpg