WTB rounded window interior panels

PTK

Looking to buy interior side panels with radius windows. These are the three side panels and the one door panel, 4 total. They are the OEM panels Mooney used in the M20J MSE and the M20K with rounded windows. Either the earlier ABS or later fiberglass will do. 

Thank you

Pete K

16 hours ago, PTK said:

Looking to buy interior side panels with radius windows. These are the three side panels and the one door panel, 4 total. They are the OEM panels Mooney used in the M20J MSE and the M20K with rounded windows. Either the earlier ABS or later fiberglass will do. 

Thank you

Pete K

Interested. May also be in the market 

• Like 1

I talk to vantage plane plastics and they said they had a set for about 700 bucks but they’re not FAA approved yet but if you had a set to give them to duplicate them they can give them to you... but it’s some kind a weird cover their ass kind of thing going on there they won’t sell them to you out right unles you can show them a set you posessss and ship them to them. 

After a few years the ultraleather (thin urethane foam, actually) begins to debond from the plastic on convex bends and inside corners, then comes loose eventually everywhere.  it pulls loose and looks like a bad wrap job.  And where the screws go it twists and has little camera lens wrinkles.  We tried this back in 1998 on my buddy's Cardinal RG. Looked fantastic for a year.

Edited by jetdriven
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jetdriven said:

After a few years the ultraleather (thin urethane foam, actually) begins to debond from the plastic on convex bends and inside corners, then comes loose eventually everywhere.  it pulls loose and looks like a bad wrap job.  And where the screws go it twists and has little camera lens wrinkles.  We tried this back in 1998 on my buddy's Cardinal RG. Looked fantastic for a year.

That was you. I've seen Hector's work that was done over 10 years ago and it still looks brand new even in 100 degree TX heat.

On 8/9/2018 at 4:43 PM, LANCECASPER said:

That was you. I've seen Hector's work that was done over 10 years ago and it still looks brand new even in 100 degree TX heat.

Still looks brand new like this poor guy... right?

755BD967-98B3-43FC-822E-7D0B96A542E7.jpeg

But no worries! Hector does give a very very long one year warranty on his work! 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have a set of right and left ceiling/window panels for an Ovation (see picture).  I purchased them new back when I started working on the interior on my 1968 F (which is now as close to an MSE as you can get when starting with an F model).  (See my profile pictures).  After buying these two initial panels, I got my hands on a crashed 1998 Ovation and purchased the entire interior from that airplane.  This means I now had two sets of these panels.  

I retrofitted the  1998 Ovation interior into my F model and have these two panels left over.  The aft end has been cut to fit the F/J model cabin length.  They can be worked to fit the F model as I have dome in my airplane.  Fiberglass can be cut and pasted as you need to for them to work.  I will sell them inexpensively as I wish to clean out my hangar of left over parts (of which there are still many).  

If interested, I can be reached at (617) 877-0025 or at john.breda@gmail.com.

John Breda

IMG_3982.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/9/2018 at 5:38 AM, Marcopolo said:

@PTK,

Do you still have any of these panels left? I am actually just looking for the front pilot side 

I have a set of panels from a '91 J MSE, not perfect but in very usable condition.  Let me know if these will work for you.

20170611_152145.jpg

20170611_152520.jpg

20170611_152531.jpg

20170611_152832.jpg

20170611_152856.jpg

20170611_152900.jpg

20170611_153030.jpg