Well, I finally did it ...

ValkyrieRider

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 10:57 PM, ValkyrieRider said:

After many months of searching, learning, scouring posts, talking to many people and making a couple offers ...

I can PROUDLY say, I am now, finally, a Mooney owner.  

I ended up going with a 1965 M20C that was marketed by Jimmy at All American Aircraft Sales.  Thanks, Jimmy for being patient with all my questions since it was my first aircraft purchase.  I pick it up next week, so will post pictures and update my avatar once I have it.

THANK YOU to so many people on this site that provided invaluable information that helped me narrow down what my mission was and how to match that mission with an aircraft equipped to support the mission.  I hang out and read almost everything because I know I have a big learning curve.  So although I won't mention the twenty regular posters that I have learned a lot from, I do appreciate you providing your knowledge daily.  

@AaronDC8402 and Wayne, thanks for going out of your way to look at a great Mooney for me in Tennessee.  I believe that Mooney will be a nice purchase for the person that decides on it. 

A special thank you to my fellow Arizonan, Ken Reed, @KLRDMD for being a sounding board and spending a lot of time looking at data that I sent, hoping for solid feedback (by the way, I always got feedback).  I guess 63 emails back and forth constitutes a lot of help.  

Now the real learning must begin ... 

When you have time go to the clubs page at the top of the Mooney Space  site and join the West Coast Mooney Club. Lot's of great events and fun throughout the year.  Congratulations on your Mooney purchase.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ValkyrieRider said:

Thank you sir.  Do we ever have any Mooney meetups at Deer Valley?

We should.  There’s several of us around.  Eric is on the north side, Skip is down by the police hangar, I’m in the hangars just to the east of the aeroguard guys.  I’m sure I’m forgetting a bunch.   There’s a picnic/bbq area south of the police hangars.  It’s a nice little area.  We should all pull our birds over there some day when it cools off and have a little bbq!

• Like 2