Well, I finally did it ...

ValkyrieRider

After many months of searching, learning, scouring posts, talking to many people and making a couple offers ...

I can PROUDLY say, I am now, finally, a Mooney owner.  

I ended up going with a 1965 M20C that was marketed by Jimmy at All American Aircraft Sales.  Thanks, Jimmy for being patient with all my questions since it was my first aircraft purchase.  I pick it up next week, so will post pictures and update my avatar once I have it.

THANK YOU to so many people on this site that provided invaluable information that helped me narrow down what my mission was and how to match that mission with an aircraft equipped to support the mission.  I hang out and read almost everything because I know I have a big learning curve.  So although I won't mention the twenty regular posters that I have learned a lot from, I do appreciate you providing your knowledge daily.  

@AaronDC8402 and Wayne, thanks for going out of your way to look at a great Mooney for me in Tennessee.  I believe that Mooney will be a nice purchase for the person that decides on it. 

A special thank you to my fellow Arizonan, Ken Reed, @KLRDMD for being a sounding board and spending a lot of time looking at data that I sent, hoping for solid feedback (by the way, I always got feedback).  I guess 63 emails back and forth constitutes a lot of help.  

Now the real learning must begin ... 

• Like 16

Congrats! You will enjoy your C, hopefully as much as I do mine. They are geeat, versatile planes. 

Pay attention during yiur transitjin training, and try to make a MAPA PPP soon.

Looking for photos next week . . . .

• Like 1

5 hours ago, carusoam said:

First lesson in learning...

It is more than proper to post a pic of the new 2U bird! :)

It is like evidence... it didn’t happen without the pic!

Congrats on the successful hunt!

Best regards,

-a-

My guess is that it's hard to get pictures when you refuse to exit the cockpit! :)

The first time I took home my first Mooney, I was asking strangers if they had anywhere they wanted to go. "Just give me a reason, any reason!!!"

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, ValkyrieRider said:

A special thank you to my fellow Arizonan, Ken Reed, @KLRDMD for being a sounding board and spending a lot of time looking at data that I sent, hoping for solid feedback (by the way, I always got feedback).  I guess 63 emails back and forth constitutes a lot of help.  

Glad to help. Happy to help with transition training too if my schedule allows.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, carusoam said:

First lesson in learning...

It is more than proper to post a pic of the new 2U bird! :)

It is like evidence... it didn’t happen without the pic!

Congrats on the successful hunt!

Best regards,

-a-

I was going to wait until I had my beautiful bird in Phoenix, but when I wasn't paying attention, my fingers FORCED me to go to Mooneyspace, and my excitement got the better of me.  I hope to have pictures up early next week.  And before you say it, I know your comments are from a PP and an official Mooneyspace photographer.  :)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Hank said:

Congrats! You will enjoy your C, hopefully as much as I do mine. They are geeat, versatile planes. 

Pay attention during yiur transitjin training, and try to make a MAPA PPP soon.

Looking for photos next week . . . .

I plan to continue my IFR training with my current instructor, who is required to get checked out and have 5 hours in the Mooney before providing instruction.  I think, after reading many comments from smart MS members in the past, I am going to try and get a local Mooney instructor to spend time with me first.  Obviously, I want to be as proficient as possible in the Mooney, and gain additional experience while completing IFR training.

6 minutes ago, steingar said:

And I assume Valkyrie Rider means you ride a Honda Valkyrie.  Good bikes based on Goldwing frames and engines. I ride a Honda CB1000r. Had an old Wing, but sold it so I didn’t have to fix it anymore.

You sir are very perceptive ... !  Yes, I love my Honda Valkyrie mainly because it has a personality all of its own.  The Valkyrie doesn't mind having a special look because she backs up her awesomeness in look and performance.  Hmmm, similar to my new Mooney :) .  By the way, does this smile wear off? 

Secondly, can I assume you are a Buckeye fan?

Congratulations on your new Mooney.  Members on this site offer tons of valuable information and are happy to do it. One day I will have more knowledge to be able to contribute as well.. Are you flying your Mooney back home?

Congratulations!  I hope you love your C as much as I have loved mine.  Like they are saying post some pictures.  I hate to give up my C, but I hurt my shoulder and can’t handle the gear any more.  Will post pictures of my F as soon as I get her.  Maybe Tuesday.

Now!  Go fly the wings off of her!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, MATTS875 said:

Congratulations on your new Mooney.  Members on this site offer tons of valuable information and are happy to do it. One day I will have more knowledge to be able to contribute as well.. Are you flying your Mooney back home?

I agree about the valuable information, I have already learned so much in a short period of time by reading comments.  Even when the comments go both ways, the argument made by pro/con on any discussion allows me to understand the topic or concept more clearly.  

My instructor is going to fly it back on Tuesday as it became the best option.  It stinks that I can't be with him flying her back, but I know he will take care of her.

1 hour ago, MBDiagMan said:

Congratulations!  I hope you love your C as much as I have loved mine.  Like they are saying post some pictures.  I hate to give up my C, but I hurt my shoulder and can’t handle the gear any more.  Will post pictures of my F as soon as I get her.  Maybe Tuesday.

Now!  Go fly the wings off of her!

I read about your shoulder when you posted previously.  I have a feeling you are going to find a new kind of love for the F.  Congrats.

On 8/4/2018 at 9:48 PM, ValkyrieRider said:

You sir are very perceptive ... !  Yes, I love my Honda Valkyrie mainly because it has a personality all of its own.  The Valkyrie doesn't mind having a special look because she backs up her awesomeness in look and performance.  Hmmm, similar to my new Mooney :) .  By the way, does this smile wear off? 

You never stop smiling when you ride a bike you love.  Yeah, I always had a soft spot for the Valkyries.  Pretty bikes, and solid.

On 8/4/2018 at 9:48 PM, ValkyrieRider said:

Secondly, can I assume you are a Buckeye fan?

You should be too, since that's where your bike hails from.