Shoulder belt bushing

milotron

Hey,

The shoulder belt clip at the lap belt has lost the plastic bushing that allows it to click in to place, making it fall out without keeping a fair bit of tension on the belt, lashing me to the back rest.

Anybody know where to get the piece and how to get it onto the pin that is swaged into place?

Thanks,

iain

SBM20-263, attached below, shows you what you need and how to install. LASAR or your favorite MSC should be able to get them for you, but LASAR's web site is currently saying unavailable - hope that just means they have to come from the factory but you'll have to make some inquiries. The SB also list the source vendor if it comes to that.

sbm20-263 Seat Belt Grommet.pdf

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, milotron said:

$48 shipping to Canada for a $68 kit consisting of 4 nylon heat shrinkable bushings....gotta love aviation!

ouch! especially the shipping charge!! But i know how easily the shoulder straps disconnects without them - constantly, making them unreliable when you need to count on them in my experience. This would make me feel very exposed without them and well worth the money for peace of mind.

Still that shipping charge is crazy besides the 4 plastic grommets!!

33 minutes ago, Dan at FUL said:

Hangar elves have been known to wrap a zip tie around the stud in place of the bushing.  Clip it short, and rotate the ratchet portion so it does not interfere.

-dan

Hangar elves have been notified....

There is a Cessna part that is very similar also that is stocked at Spruce. At least until I can find some more stuff to by from Lasar to make it worthwhile.

Although I might just buy an Aerostar instead....