Fuel pump High/Low failure

Went to pick up airplane from annual.....and hit the low pressure switch to prime motor comes on, and then “click” noise on right side of panel and pump quits running.  Pump runs on high pressure red switch, makes normal pressure/fuel flow but when you turn on the low pressure switch all you hear is a clicking noise under right instrument panel.  POH says something about  voltage regulator controlling voltage for low pressure.  Haven’t broken out the maintenance manuals yet.  We have identified the box making clicking noise but that is about it.  Done for the day....but if I can give my mechanic some help that would be appreciated.

Also we noticed there is no circuit breaker for the fuel pump.....are these switches the breaker type?

Edited by Mark89114

Hi Mark,

I'm led to believe that an increase in mechanical resistance in the pump can pull excess current.

Mooney have a replacement boost pump controller, different from the original and appears to be a PMA part from International Avionics.

Edited by Timbot

Welcome aboard Tim...

I left a few questions on the other thread you posted in...

I have not heard of this issue before... but I have experienced the lo boost not activate after sitting for a while...

using the hi boost, got things going, The lo boost started working after that...

Sounds like i’m Going to be following your experience...

i have replaced the seals for the pump but no other OH involved.... what is causing the high resistance, is there a maintenance procedure to preserve my controller?

As for the circuit breaker switches used on the fuel pump...   probably... looking up the part number, or calling LASAR... can net you the answer.

What year O do you guys have?  I have a ‘94...

Best regards,

-a-