Need help with CGR-30P choices

8 hours ago, Igor_U said:

and man with two watches really doesn't know exactly what time it is :D)

That is pretty funny, and has a grain of truth.

But I would argue if you have two watches and they both have the same time, you know what time it really is. If you only have one watch, and it runs slow, you will always be late. But If you have two watches and one is off, I would try to figure out which on was wrong and fix it.  

I was with a friend with a new engine in a Diamond  DA40 he was breaking it  "in"  when on start up it showed zero oil pressure, he stopped the engine for fear of no oil pressure, bad oil pump etc.  we cancelled the flight and had his mechanic look at the engine, it was a bad probe.  If he had a back up gauge  that showed that he had oil pressure and everything else looked normal, we probably would have flown.  The same thing can happen when you are traveling, during run up, if a primary gauge is found not working but the backup gauge is working, you probably make the flight back home (legally) and have your mechanic fix it.  If you only have one gauge, you do not know if it is a gauge problem or a real problem and thus are stuck on the field until you figure it out if it is a gauge problem or real problem.  Even if it is only a gauge problem, you probably should not take off and fly until the gauge if fixed.

Give Rudys a call, they might be able to fix your fuel transducer for you.  http://rudyaircraftinstruments.com  I have had good experience with them and they are pretty inexpensive.

I had a problem on the first really cold day of the year last winter), My engine would not warm up to the green  on my electronic engine monitor, after cross checking with my old gauge which showed that the engine was in the green, we made the flight, later found out it was probe placement with the electronic engine monitor, worked well in the summer, not so well in the winter. If not for that I would have cancelled the flight.

• Like 1