Vacuum Regulator

For those of you who have removed the ever so trusty vacuum systems from your planes, I am looking to help you prevent a vacuum regulator from collecting dust on the shelf.  I have noticed that my regulator is acting odd in that the suction starts off very high and, after 30-45 minutes, settles down into the green and remains steady for the remainder of the flight.  An uneducated guess leads me to believe it is a vacuum regulator issue.  I believe mine is model 2H3-10.  If you have one you are willing to part with on the cheap, I am interested in taking it off your hands so I can patch this system until it is shelved for a pair of G5's.

For those of you who have removed the ever so trusty vacuum systems from your planes, I am looking to help you prevent a vacuum regulator from collecting dust on the shelf.  I have noticed that my regulator is acting odd in that the suction starts off very high and, after 30-45 minutes, settles down into the green and remains steady for the remainder of the flight.  An uneducated guess leads me to believe it is a vacuum regulator issue.  I believe mine is model 2H3-10.  If you have one you are willing to part with on the cheap, I am interested in taking it off your hands so I can patch this system until it is shelved for a pair of G5's.

Pay for shipping and it’s yours.

edb1cbb908783abd6e9d3b3c20eff2fb.jpga38d8a09ffec2c66e7e1811acc1817a3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

51 minutes ago, N201MKTurbo said:

The J regulator has a manifold on its inlet side. I don't think this one is a direct replacement. You will need to do some custom plumbing.

Mine is a 1977.  It appears many components from the F's were used when building the early J's.  As best I can tell, the regulator was probably one of them.  I have not been to the airport today to confirm, but Dr. Google has several firewall pics from 77 J's which have a single hose attachment on the firewall side.  I have confirmed a single hose attachment on the interior side of my regulator.

See for example:  41_8.jpg

Edited by Brandontwalker

how about a spare vacuum gauge and some air filters? and Even a 24 volt electric standby vacuum pump?  If you need it I have it.  Glenn

Thanks for the offer Glenn. Chris got me taken care of this time. I am certainly appreciate all of the help from this community.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk