Hearing protection for kids

Jeev

My 14 month old is going to start flying with us in the Mooney.  Those with kiddos what are you using for hearing protection?  I found these on Amazon but am wondering if there is something better or more suited for aviation.

https://www.amazon.com/BANZ-Earmuffs-Infant-Hearing-Protection/dp/B07DY62SMR?th=1

Thanks,

Sanjeev

I would say almost any noise reducing headset that fits well is sufficient.  We simply got some child sized shooting ear covers at Walmart.  They worked fine for our daughter and now we passed them to our 12 month son.  Our 3 year old daughter upgraded to a child aviation headset when our son started flying with us.

IMG952920.jpg

• Like 2

I started our girls with DC, then Lightspeed 33G, now Zulu 2&3.  They’ve only got one set of ears, protect them, Mooney’s tend to be noisy in my experience.

Clarence

Agree with kmac. For my 7 month old daughter, I had to put the headband in boiling water and “open it up” to reduce the clamping force.  She didn’t like it much before that!  

• Like 1

Thank you all!  I would like to put a noise canceling aviation headset in her but even the child ones I’ve seen are too small and I think it would fall off.  I’m going to go with the amazon ones with 31db of noise reduction and see how they work.  Thanks again and great pic Kmac!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jeev said:

Thank you all!  I would like to put a noise canceling aviation headset in her but even the child ones I’ve seen are too small and I think it would fall off.  I’m going to go with the amazon ones with 31db of noise reduction and see how they work.  Thanks again and great pic Kmac!!!

You might call Headsets Inc. I don't know why you couldn't install their ANR units in virtually any headset. They work great and cost about $120 (last I looked).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, xcrmckenna said:

We got these off amazon. They don’t bother her much in the car seat. Still haven’t flown with her yet. But prepping her now.

76fe4bdeb4f41fc132793e8561487fa6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So cute!!  I have the same ones for my Girl, we never took her flying with them and now they are too small :).  I bought mine before she was born all pumped up to take her in the Mooney but then the realities of parenting hit us and we never made it up... HAHA was our 1st.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Schinderhannes said:

We have had our (fur)1460516031_Chicapilot.thumb.jpg.0dd194f26ebdd7f432bd55a5ca165b3f.jpg baby's ears protected since she was 6 weeks old...

I have the same ones for my husky!!  He has about 100 hrs in the Mooney. Im finding that dogs are WAY easier to fly with then babies :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, DonMuncy said:

You might call Headsets Inc. I don't know why you couldn't install their ANR units in virtually any headset. They work great and cost about $120 (last I looked).

Thank you Don I will do that!