Tarragon

Did anyone else take a look at the Tarragon Carbon Fiber kit aircraft while at Oshkosh?  I read about it in one of the magazines and was actually pretty impressed by it.

I read about it in either EAA magazine or Flying this year (or maybe aviation consumer but I doubt it) so I decided to check it out at the show.  I'd like to fly one of these and an RV-8 at some point.  It's different and is retract which I like.

http://www.tarragonaircraft.com/en/overview/

http://www.aero-news.net/index.cfm?do=main.textpost&id=dbc9ea8e-e8cc-46af-9715-e2ffa5efc71a

What are your thoughts?

-Seth

Edited by Seth

8 hours ago, Seth said:

Did anyone else take a look at the Tarragon Carbon Fiber kit aircraft while at Oshkosh?  I read about it in one of the magazines and was actually pretty impressed by it.

I read about it in either EAA magazine or Flying this year (or maybe aviation consumer but I doubt it) so I decided to check it out at the show.  I'd like to fly one of these and an RV-8 at some point.  It's different and is retract which I like.

http://www.tarragonaircraft.com/en/overview/

http://www.aero-news.net/index.cfm?do=main.textpost&id=dbc9ea8e-e8cc-46af-9715-e2ffa5efc71a

What are your thoughts?

-Seth

Are you going to build an airplane?

6 hours ago, Danb said:

I did Seth, my wife thought it was cool, but wondered why she couldn’t sit next to me, a hell of a lot of performance from a Rotax

My thoughts exactly. A ton of performance.

-Seth

17 hours ago, aviatoreb said:

Are you going to build an airplane?

Don’t have the time now at all, but at some point yes.  Was leaning toward an RV-8 (decades from now) but this one has caught my eye.

-Seth

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Any options for an IO550?

The tough part I see is planning decades in advance...

Making sure all the parts are still available to the day you complete the project... and then some...

Once you have IO550 experience, it is going to be a challenge to cut down on your habit...

PP thoughts only, not trying to imply any negativity...

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

Fantastic looking airplane. I think I could use a little bit more horsepower. But fast and super economical and if looks could kill I would be long dead. Disturbing as they have only built three of them

They were talking about putting a lycoming or continental in there last year as another option in addition to the Rotax.  Not sure where that went, but I'm curious what was decided.  So 160/180/200 HP?  You've got a little hot rod!

Anyone else hear any updates on this?  I did find an old email and reached back out.

-Seth

2 hours ago, Seth said:

They were talking about putting a lycoming or continental in there last year as another option in addition to the Rotax.  Not sure where that went, but I'm curious what was decided.  So 160/180/200 HP?  You've got a little hot rod!

Anyone else hear any updates on this?  I did find an old email and reached back out.

-Seth

Its experimental = you can put anything you want.  915.

Edited by aviatoreb