Anyone at Oshkosh: Can you inquire about KI -300?

I know the KI-300 has been discussed here and elsewhere at length.

I couldn't make it Oshkosh this year, but if someone there could get an update on the KI-300 (replacement for KI 256, "Flight Command Indicator" for the KFC 225 autopilot that many of us have) -- that would be great. Mostly, is it a dead product or will it ever be produced, finally? Makes a big difference for me and my panel going forward.... Thanks!

I know the KI-300 has been discussed here and elsewhere at length.
I couldn't make it Oshkosh this year, but if someone there could get an update on the KI-300 (replacement for KI 256, "Flight Command Indicator" for the KFC 225 autopilot that many of us have) -- that would be great. Mostly, is it a dead product or will it ever be produced, finally? Makes a big difference for me and my panel going forward.... Thanks!

It will be out next quarter. Sorry, I’m bad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I talked to both BK and Sandia at OSH Tuesday.  Sandia offered no information.  King said its coming but no date.  I am genuinely disappointed.  Neither will admit who is doing the software tweaks to get it certified.  I guess it will be done when it gets done.

3 hours ago, FoxMike said:

I talked to both BK and Sandia at OSH Tuesday.  Sandia offered no information.  King said its coming but no date.  I am genuinely disappointed.  Neither will admit who is doing the software tweaks to get it certified.  I guess it will be done when it gets done.

I called Sandia several months ago and spoke with Dennis. At thay time he indicated they had shipped product to BK. However due to a software update BK elected to have Sandia perform it prior to releasing it and have customers do upgrade. Sounded like a good idea. Dennis also indicated that BK was waiting for FAA for something.

Around the same time I also emailed BK and this was the response:

Hi PETER
The last I heard the KI 300 has slipped out until late March 2018 before the AML/STC will be completed. it should start shipping shortly after that.
Ed Bannen
BendixKing

I sent a few emails after this to Mr. Bannen but sad to say they went unanswered. 

23 hours ago, MIm20c said:

BK needs the 300 to feed their new AP (or ea100/gad 43). It’ll make it to market but I’ve lost faith in the company. 

+1  Even if BK has new offerings for the GA marketplace I wouldn’t buy them. I don’t have any confidence that they will support the product long term.