A Gathering of Mooneys

Mooney217RN

Good luck with that....take lots of pictures.

About 5 years ago, the MAPA convention was in Las Vegas, and looking down on a single row of about 80 Mooney's, from the observation deck, was quite a sight. There were probably another 40 or so Mooney's there, but they couldn't fit into that amazing single row.

Took my breath away. I'm sure someone has some great pictures, but sadly, not me.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We [VMG members] had a great time at Tahoe last weekend.  Unfortuantly the weather prevented many airplanes from coming to the Heavenly Valley.  Untimely thunderstorms, hail activity and rain appeared throughout the weekend, making arrivals and departures uncertain.  All the Mooney guru's were on hand however.  Don Maxwell Aviation, LASAR, Top Gun and Mooney themselves, all presenting seminars galore!

For those that did not make the event, we have another opportunity to visit South Lake Tahoe at the end of August, in the form of "Lake in the Sky Airshow".  We [VMG] have been invited to put up our own static display on the ramp during the airshow.  Also we are invited on Friday night [Aug. 28] to feast on a full catered dinner.  Saturday, August 29th, we will be treated to breakfast, lunch and beverages, along with free tiedowns and admission to the airshow.  Oh yes, and a really great hotel deal in downtown South Lake Tahoe!

If you did, or did not make it to our VMG fly-in this last weekend, please come to this one.  See http://www.lakeintheskyairshow.com/ for further airshow details.

post-291-13468137325741_thumb.jpg