UPDATE Great M20E now for sale

Life changes, we've decided to sell the beloved mooney, which saddens me. I've been flying it more lately to spend quality time with her, but I feel emotionally it is a bad idea, because I keep putting off the advertisement. Here's the quick run down. Times are approximate, because I do still fly it. Once my donation comes through I'll re-post in the FOR SALE section. 

65 Mooney M20E $50k

Tach approx. 480.    AFTT 4450

Engine overhaul may 2006 ESOH 410 (strong, healthy)

PSOH 120

Stec 30 autopilot w/ altitude hold, King slaved gyro heading indicator, KX 155 NAV/COM, KN 53 DME, Apollo GX60 GPS, Cheetah VFR GPS system, VAL INS 429 standalone NAV, Garmin 320A transponder, Insight strike finder. 201 style windshield, wing tips, Aero Resources Inc nose cowl, landing light lens, 201 spinner.

EI engine tach, EI fuel flow computer, EI 4 place EGT/CHT/oil temp. no overheating issues, yesterday I took off for work, pushing 80*, I climb at 120-125 mph and CHTs were around 350. 

Fuel tanks resealed 7/10 tach 153

I have some more pics is anyone is interested. 

Being in Alaska, its not a great place to sell. Both myself, and my plane partner are commercial pilots, on the road A LOT, so we are trying to relocate the plane to Houston (broker we bought it from) this weekend to get better exposure. 

Sonny- 907-347-8129

20180120_121834.thumb.jpg.9e79fc71b8fc96c9e5f68d3bd93262be.jpgIMG_20180720_074353.thumb.jpg.4571c16ffbc12a7aae008e8e967696e8.jpg

20180120_122229.jpg

20161116_154531.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MyNameIsNobody said:

You won’t have any problem selling that plane for $50AMU’s as equipped.  Should of put shoulder harnesses in though.

Shoulder harnesses would be smart. I'm strapped in with 5 point airbag harness, survival vest, helmet, and nomex suit at work...... 

18 minutes ago, rbridges said:

It's funny how you know what the picture is, but it just throws your brain out of whack looking at it upside down.

It's funny how that works, even when inside the airplane. One co-worker told me when he started flying acro, he couldn't even speak to atc when inverted, had to flip right side up, make the call, then roll back over. 

SWTA windshield mod.  Cowl mod.  Wingtip mod.  8 pack panel.  Auto pilot.  Nice exterior and interior.  J-Bar.  Recent engine and prop overhaul.  What dark history does this have?  Has it sold yet?  :)  I would of been on the phone so fast to get the logs.  I could of saved so much $$$$ over mine.  Sigh...

• Like 1

On 7/25/2018 at 12:14 PM, Ned Gravel said:

The cowl looks 66 vintage, not 65.....

Very well could be. I'm not too familiar with the different years. There are plenty of mods done to this plane. I remember reading when I was searching for a mooney how a PITA the cowl was, I bought this on and thought how easy it was! 

21 hours ago, MyNameIsNobody said:

SWTA windshield mod.  Cowl mod.  Wingtip mod.  8 pack panel.  Auto pilot.  Nice exterior and interior.  J-Bar.  Recent engine and prop overhaul.  What dark history does this have?  Has it sold yet?  :)  I would of been on the phone so fast to get the logs.  I could of saved so much $$$$ over mine.  Sigh...

"First of all, keep him out of the light, he hates bright light, especially sunlight, it'll kill him. Second, don't give him any water, not even to drink. But the most important rule, the rule you can never forget, no matter how much he cries, no matter how much he begs, never feed him after midnight."

This plane is solid. there's more stuff. Laser nose truss, aileron links (no ADs on those anymore).... Just put a new exhaust on it. I can go on. My partner and I are extremely busy, and we figure price it right for a easy quick sale. We could ask more, but it would take more time, which we have little. We love this plane, and can afford to keep it, but we just aren't using is enough, and we just don't like letting things sit. 

• Haha 1

I'd never seen Helm X650 before, didn't even know such a thing existed. How useful is it? Can it be loaded with, e.g., georeferenced approach plates? Will it cross-fill from the GX60 (or a GNS430W, or ...)? An MFD is an underrated addition to the cockpit...

1 hour ago, chrixxer said:

I'd never seen Helm X650 before, didn't even know such a thing existed. How useful is it? Can it be loaded with, e.g., georeferenced approach plates? Will it cross-fill from the GX60 (or a GNS430W, or ...)? An MFD is an underrated addition to the cockpit...

Think touch screen computer circa 2008. It's windows based, and can have several different GPS software installed on it. I was not happy with the software thats on it, so i didn't use it much, but it does do geo referenced charts. I've been using Foreflight on an Ipad for years. It has XM capabilities as well. I do not know if it could be talk to the GX60 or other IFR GPS, but it might, never looked into it. I was thinking of downloading movies onto it for long XC's...... for the passengers entertainment of course. 

Hey guys. Sorry if I don't respond in a timely manner. Had a couple pilots at work quit so it's been busy. 

Plane is still available, but was not able to move it yet. Hopefully it'll get to Spokane by Tuesday. But it may sit there for a while until we have time to finish the trip. 

Again, I apologise, but I'll be pretty busy and out of the loop for a couple days until work settles.

Thanks

This has the mods I want to do over the next few years.  I paid this amount for mine because of the great condition, low time engine, and I knew the inspector that had been doing the logs.

Mine had a gear up that was repaired well and I upgraded the avionics to suit my taste but I still need to get your left side panel and really want to upgraded cowl, windshield, wing fillets, and wing tips that you have.  

What I'm trying to say if someone is looking for a good Mooney this one would be a good place to start provided the other caveats check out. 

My apologies to those interested in the plane. I have been flying non stop, and have had very little time to take care of other matters. I am an aerial fire fighter and the Northwest, where I'm working, is getting hammered. Just look at TFRs on foreflight. Many fires I work don't even get TFRs.

The plane will be based in Deer Park for the time being until we get a break in  the season. 

Thank you for your patience. 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, tangogawd said:

My apologies to those interested in the plane. I have been flying non stop, and have had very little time to take care of other matters. I am an aerial fire fighter and the Northwest, where I'm working, is getting hammered. Just look at TFRs on foreflight. Many fires I work don't even get TFRs.

The plane will be based in Deer Park for the time being until we get a break in  the season. 

Thank you for your patience. 

You must be very busy. We flew by few TFRs on our trip this past weekend (KPAE - KCOE and back) and smoke was so thick at times we might as well be IMC. We were watching BA146s taking off at Coeur d'Alene to fight fire over at Sandpoint and was back in a matter of minutes for another load.

Good luck selling your plane.

• tangogawd changed the title to UPDATE Great M20E now for sale