Mooney 201 instrument panel

After a lot of work and a fairly big chunk of change this is my upgraded panel for my 89' Mooney 201. It features a Garmin 530WAAS, 345 Gamin Transponder (ADS-B In& Out). Regarding the 345, I opted for the density altitude/temperature feature. Very handy when taking off when dealing with high density altitude airports. This required a separate temperature probe. Garmin Encoder, JPI900 engine monitor (Love it). Century autopilot. I mounted my Wing X Pro 7 on my mini iPad. Not shown is an antenna pig tail where I can plug in my Icom hand held should I need a 2nd Comm. It is as close to all glass as I can afford. I fly approximately 150hr/year. BTW-all the instruments and Druck transducers are listed For Sale here on Mooney Space. Everything worked fine when removed.

New instrument Mooney panel-2017.jpg

AOPA article August 2016.pdf

Edited by Gary R. Jones
Left out a sentence
  • Like 10

Gary,

I have the O1...

numbers I generally use....

175 kts @15 gph...  prop stuck at 2500rpm 50° ROP...

165 kts @12.5 gph... prop stuck at 2500rpm a few degrees LOP...

MP WOT at 10k’

If looking for a NA Long Body... The 310hp O or Eagle is worth the extra... Short T/O run, great climb, and efficient as the O1 in cruise... unless you bump the rpm up to 2550 because you can! Or 2700 why not?

Got to love a good thread drift by its OP!  :)

Best regards,

-a-

12 minutes ago, carusoam said:

Gary,

I have the O1...

numbers I generally use....

175 kts @15 gph...  prop stuck at 2500rpm 50° ROP...

165 kts @12.5 gph... prop stuck at 2500rpm a few degrees LOP...

MP WOT at 10k’

If looking for a NA Long Body... The 310hp O or Eagle is worth the extra... Short T/O run, great climb, and efficient as the O1 in cruise... unless you bump the rpm up to 2550 because you can! Or 2700 why not?

Got to love a good thread drift by its OP!  :)

Best regards,

-a-

Thank you. Flew an Ovation for the first time yesterday. I liked what I saw and it would be a better fit for my mission than my 201. Hindsight is 20-20 haha

• Like 1

The Acclaim will be eerily similar in flight characteristics... and may make even more sense if you are crossing mountains often.

The options when looking we’re few...

• Built in O2
  • Built in AC
  • FIKI
  • Instrument panel G1000... check for WAAS capability... and 2020 capability...

I mostly fly the east coast, no turbo required... not a lot of O2 either...

Things that add to the plane’s skills for a higher level of Serious traveling in the FLs on ‘tighter’ schedules...

ULs are at or over 1kLBs...  but look closely when the options are added...

Best regards,

-a-