I have seen that Mooney

stormflyer

I was thinking how valuable it would be to have a Forum that would provide MooneySpace members a resource for Mooney's that are for sale and have been seen, have had a pre buy, or have personal knowledge of the airplane.  Good and bad!

I recently, two days ago, went to see a M20K in Delaware that is for sale.  I passed on the purchase.  And, in spite of having two locals, one a pilot and one a mechanic, telling me how wonderful this Mooney was ... my experience was utter disappointment and disbelief.  

Looking for an airplane to buy is often an expensive proposition, just like ownership.

I just keep thinking to myself that if only someone on MooneySpace had seen this airplane and had posted photos or their honest assessment after seeing the airplane, I could have saved money and we could save others looking for an M20K a lot of money too.

I belonged to the Grumman Gang when I owned my Grumman several years ago and we always had volunteers, fellow pilots and aviation friends who would do a "First Look" for us if they happen to be close to the airplane we were interested in.

Perhaps the moderators would consider such a Forum to help all of us.

With that being said  if anyone is looking at N231FG in Delaware, I will be happy to discuss and share photos.  I also have the Aero-Space Reports on the airplane ($95).  

All the best!

• Like 1

From my experience with this forum, registering, introducing yourself and describing the prospective purchase and location, will draw an encyclopedias worth of information.  I did this when I found 7889P hangared on the field in Kerrville.  I did not initially list the N number for fear that it might put someone else onto the plane.  In other cases, it might be best to initially list the tailnumber as you propose in order to seek information about the plane. When I came to the forum seeking information, I was welcomed with open arms.  I found someone to prebuy and all kinds of help.  Maybe a database as you propose would work well, but I think you will find an amazing amount of helpful information here just using the forum as it is.

My $0.02,

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, stormflyer said:

I was thinking how valuable it would be to have a Forum that would provide MooneySpace members a resource for Mooney's that are for sale and have been seen, have had a pre buy, or have personal knowledge of the airplane.  Good and bad!

I recently, two days ago, went to see a M20K in Delaware that is for sale.  I passed on the purchase.  And, in spite of having two locals, one a pilot and one a mechanic, telling me how wonderful this Mooney was ... my experience was utter disappointment and disbelief.  

Looking for an airplane to buy is often an expensive proposition, just like ownership.

I just keep thinking to myself that if only someone on MooneySpace had seen this airplane and had posted photos or their honest assessment after seeing the airplane, I could have saved money and we could save others looking for an M20K a lot of money too.

I belonged to the Grumman Gang when I owned my Grumman several years ago and we always had volunteers, fellow pilots and aviation friends who would do a "First Look" for us if they happen to be close to the airplane we were interested in.

Perhaps the moderators would consider such a Forum to help all of us.

With that being said  if anyone is looking at N231FG in Delaware, I will be happy to discuss and share photos.  I also have the Aero-Space Reports on the airplane ($95).  

All the best!

Sorry to hear about the experience. There are a number of us in the mid-Atlantic area. Didn't even know you were looking at a plane nearby. If I had seen a posted thread about needing help, one of us could have certainly taken a look at this plane. Where was it based?

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Curious to know more about N231FG.  I'm not currently looking but when I was last year, I was in communication with the owner and traded a few emails.  I didn't proceed because of the recent flight times and also I stumbled across my current plane which was a little less of a mystery at the time.