77’ 201 J cooling hose

So I’m needy this Monday. Recently did an avionics upgrade and through testing and reinstalling the interior I managed to forget to reinstall this tubing. Now a month has gone by, the avionics tech and I can’t remember where it hooks up to.

Any chance someone has a pic under their panel they can post or give me a better clue where the two ends go....:)

cbab84981df250fd7b125361983035f6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ooof.  There is a plenum on the right cabin kickpanel that feeds the right floor eyeball vent that was intended to be used as a source of cooling air for the avionics panel.  However, all bets are off if you have an electric radio blower, since that would be installation specific, I imagine.

• Like 1

Based on my C experience...

From the outside, you can see a hole in the Naca style vent on the co pilot side...?

If there is a hole there... that hose probably fits on the inside end....

That hose fed a broken plastic plenum behind the radios... it was known for delivering cool air and rainwater...

Now that’s an old memory...   :)

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

The radio cooling is the only tube that size.

When I did my avionics upgrade I didn't hook it up to any radio directly. I just let it blow around the radios to get some fresh air in there in the hot summer.

It is not advisable to hook it to a radio. If you fly in the rain it can blow water into the radios.

• Like 1

Under the glare shield mine has that size scat tubing, on pilot side. Not sure what it's connected to.
What did you remove from the panel?

Nothing from the radio stack, mainly removed instruments. But I’m guessing it was just tied up behind the radio stack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And it looks like the red length of scat is a replacement of some sort. Mine maintains that 70s vibe along its entire length.  It goes behind the panel to the right. Just make sure it’s not your windshield defrost line which is a scat hose off the heater manifold box.  

I would check the right side outside vent first.   My 75F has a clear plastic tube hooked there.    There is also some sort of cooling vent for the pilot footwell that feeds from the center.   Not sure where it is fed from, but it is about that size.  About once a year the flappy covering thing unscrews itself and it falls off.