Flying to Oshkosh with the New G500 TXi

The upgraded installation (and it definitely is an upgrade from the older G500) was finished last Friday just in time for Oshkosh. I'm still figuring out how to make the best use of its capability.  There is a lot to it and much more flexibility as compared to the G500 I traded in.  Altitude and vertical speed preselect is much faster than the old way of doing it.  Deciding what you want to display can be done easily on the fly as compared to the G500 that required a lot of menu selecting and button pushes.

Turns out my problem with the lack of geo-referenced chart display was a database problem.  The flight charts database had not become current yet, and while it displayed charts on the dedicated Charts page it did not display on the Map Page until today when the new charts became effective.

I'm looking forward to all the new software updates on both the G500 TXi and GTNs.  If the ability to reverse the size of the PFD and MFD is pilot selectable, that would be a great addition.  I'm not sure from the reading of the update if it is pilot selectable and, therefore, a fixed reversal.  

IMG_20180719_103936927.jpg

IMG_20180719_103941726.jpg

IMG_20180719_104206335.jpg

• Like 5