KFC200 - Uh oh.

Hadn't been flying for awhile (the joys of being busy, can finally afford a plane, but no time to fly) so decided to up and do some circuits and make sure all is well.

my KFC200 auto pilot was working fine in heading mode, did a rnav approach, one the next time around when I tried to activate it (pushing heading, alt and button up to activate)

When I would push the activate button up, I just get a beep over the annuciator. Thats it.

Any ideas? I just had the autp pilot rebuilt about a year ago...so kind worried. I do have it slaved to an Aspen Pro as well.

9 minutes ago, Northern Mooniac said:

Hadn't been flying for awhile (the joys of being busy, can finally afford a plane, but no time to fly) so decided to up and do some circuits and make sure all is well.

my KFC200 auto pilot was working fine in heading mode, did a rnav approach, one the next time around when I tried to activate it (pushing heading, alt and button up to activate)

When I would push the activate button up, I just get a beep over the annuciator. Thats it.

Any ideas? I just had the autp pilot rebuilt about a year ago...so kind worried. I do have it slaved to an Aspen Pro as well.

Read up on, and then perform the pre-flight test while on the ground.  That's how we discovered our pitch trim servo had failed.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So, I checked my AP on the ground, no issues. Flew it up to my AME, and it worked perfect in level flight, as soon as I pushed the nose down button, it kicked off.

I tried a full gps approach and on the left turns it also kicked off the AP.

My AME has not been able to duplicate the issue on the ground.

Any ideas?

57 minutes ago, Yetti said:

Re rack it several time to clean the pins in the back of the tray.     Yes this is the first step the IBM Mainframe techs would do in the 80s 90s to get the multimillion dollar Mainframes working again.

Don’t forget the KC200 has a connection to the static system so you can’t pull it out of the rack before disconnecting that at the rear. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have been fighting a KAP 200 for a while now. It wasn't staying latched so I sent the computer first then the computer and mode controller to Bob Bramble. He couldn't find anything wrong so I purchased a schematic to help troubleshoot the system. I and the engineers here at work have studied the computer maintenance manual and it contains a wealth of operational details. I don't quite understand your sequence but would be willing to help in the troubleshooting process

Paul