Passed Commercial Checkride!!

I earned my commercial pilot license today.

As some of you have read I started checking off specific items training wise for my commercial pilot license in 2010 in my former F model.  I had become proficient in all the maneuvers when I sold the F and upgraded to the Missile in late 2011.  With a newly overhauled engine, I didn’t want to practice certain commercial maneuvers.  100 hours later in 2012, 2 cylinders cracked while under warrenty and I had a top overhaul performed as I did not trust the remaining cylinders.  100 hours later in 2013 I got engaged, married in spring 2014, my daughter was born in 2015 and my son in 2017.  Life just got in the way.

So in 2018, 2.5 weeks ago, I passed my written and today I passed my oral and practical.

Next will be multi, CFI, or tailsdragger rating.

-Seth 

Edited by Seth
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 4

Taildragger is about 10 hours and just an endorsement.  Its a fun thing to do, I would do that first.  Probably CFI you would learn alot, but you would need insurance coverage to actually practice as an instructor, and then tail insurance to cover you for a former student's accident even after you stop instructing.  Think about multi, and then maybe single engine ATP. Also, there are several other add-on ratings you can get for your CPL (other than multi) such as seaplane, glider, etc.  Those would be fun and you would learn.

On 7/18/2018 at 11:11 PM, Seth said:

I earned my commercial pilot license today.

As some of you have read I started checking off specific items training wise for my commercial pilot license in 2010 in my former F model.  I had become proficient in all the maneuvers when I sold the F and upgraded to the Missile in late 2011.  With a newly overhauled engine, I didn’t want to practice certain commercial maneuvers.  100 hours later in 2012, 2 cylinders cracked while under warrenty and I had a top overhaul performed as I did not trust the remaining cylinders.  100 hours later in 2013 I got engaged, married in spring 2014, my daughter was born in 2015 and my son in 2017.  Life just got in the way.

So in 2018, 2.5 weeks ago, I passed my written and today I passed my oral and practical.

Next will be multi, CFI, or tailsdragger rating.

-Seth 

Wow Seth!!!  Congratulations!!!

2 hours ago, aviatoreb said:

Wow Seth!!!  Congratulations!!!

Thanks Erik!!  It took long enough.  You used the skills perfectly with your engine out, I figured it was time to get this one finished.

-Seth

• Like 1

On 7/19/2018 at 6:20 AM, Hank said:

Congrats, Seth! Great job squeezing it in between family, work and Summit prep!

I’m looking forward to seeing you and everyone at the summit.  Should be another good one 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Seth said:

Thanks Erik!!  It took long enough.  You used the skills perfectly with your engine out, I figured it was time to get this one finished.

-Seth

Well - here is to you and me both never needing that skill again!  But always good more skills and more training eh....