MOONEY BLADDERS

Ruthie

Just now, Ruthie said:

well the offer is if you buy (you and possible a friend or Mooney Owner place an order together)  two or more sets but if you would like to call I can give you the pricing for a two bag add-on 

$3250  but I can help a little :)

12 hours ago, FastTex said:

What about the 54 gallon kit all-in?

well.. the offer was if you or you and a friend ordered two or more I would offer a discount..are you asking for one set of 6 bag ? the two ordered together do not have to be the same set of bladders

25 minutes ago, Ruthie said:

well.. the offer was if you or you and a friend ordered two or more I would offer a discount..are you asking for one set of 6 bag ? the two ordered together do not have to be the same set of bladders

Hi Ruthie. I think you have multiple requests here. Looks like at least 3 of us are looking for the 10 gallon upgrades to an existing 54 gallon system. Also looks like FastTex is looking for pricing on 54 gallon kit.

I think there are a number of owners with 54 gallon systems that would entertain the upgrade to the 64 gallons. Can you put together some criteria for pricing? Like if 5 owners purchase the 10 gallon upgrade what would the group buy price be?

Same for someone looking for a 54 or 64 gallon system.

Mooney 2-Bag add-on       1 set =3250.00 

2 set= 3150.00

5 set = 3000.00

Mooney 6 Bag/ 54gal         1 set = 6950.00

• Like 1

sorry got cut off for a second

Mooney 6 Bag 54 gal    1 set = 6950.00

2 set or more = 6650.00

Mooney 8 bag or 64 gal 1 set= 8875.00

2 set or more 8475.00

• Like 1

sorry got cut off for a second

Mooney 6 Bag 54 gal    1 set = 6950.00
                                          2 set or more = 6650.00

Mooney 8 bag or 64 gal 1 set= 8875.00
                                            2 set or more 8475.00

What is the all in weight of your 64 gal set?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, FastTex said:

It sounds like many Mooneyspacers feel the need to upgrade to 64. Did you regret the 54? Since I will need to eventually make the decision I would appreciate your feedback as well as your opinion about this bladders solution.

Thanks in advance!

I don't regret it, but my plane is essentially a 2 adult/baggage or me and 2 small people.  I wouldn't mind an extra hour of endurance.  It's not like I have people in my back seat much, but that's a personal call.  

• Like 1

I just finished installing a full 64G set from Griggs.  They are super nice and helpful and @Ruthie is a sweetheart!   If she can help she will,  AWESOME to deal with!  The product was stellar and the new bags were way easier to install then the old ones were to come out. 

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 4:53 PM, FastTex said:

It sounds like many Mooneyspacers feel the need to upgrade to 64. Did you regret the 54? Since I will need to eventually make the decision I would appreciate your feedback as well as your opinion about this bladders solution.

Thanks in advance!

I have the 54 gallons, it has not been an issue for us so far.  I can fly five hours with 45 minute reserve .   I usually don't like to fly more than four hours without a stop, so five hours gives me extra options if we had to divert.   If I was doing it from scratch, I would do the 64 gallons just because it is easier to do in one step. That said, I am not going to go out and add the extra 10 gallons.  Often more important than the extra fuel is a very good fuel flow system.  I added one when I got the plane and it is one of the best additions for peace of mind on long trips.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FastTex said:

How long does it usually take to install them assuming there are no old ones to remove?

The estimated time is 40-50 hours.  My advise is fly it to Griggs Aircraft and have them install them.  I removed old and installed new and it was a PITA X100.   If you have the money have it installed and save the blood shed for another job. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dream to fly said:

The estimated time is 40-50 hours.  My advise is fly it to Griggs Aircraft and have them install them.  I removed old and installed new and it was a PITA X100.   If you have the money have it installed and save the blood shed for another job. 

I’ve got the 54s installed in 1991.  How was the integrity of the old bags that you removed?

On 7/24/2018 at 5:53 PM, FastTex said:

Thanks in advance!

I do. This airplane really doesn’t go far enough on a 42 allon burnoff and 12 gallon reserve. Around 650-700 miles.  I’m really interested in a 10-gallon add on kit.