TruTrak Autopilot Pre Order's / Status Update

Jeev

On 1/18/2020 at 12:54 PM, David_H said:

The TT/BK Autopilot belief summary:

Excited ---> Optimistic ---> Less optimistic --> Mildly Disappointed ---> Mildly Irritated ---> Angry at myself for believing the hype --->  No longer believe

Now I can visit this thread for the comedy :)

Wow I just read the whole thing... quite a story!

I think all the airframe manufacturers used to have folks who knew the government folks really well, and could grease the certification gears with simple people know how.  Manufacturers seem to have had a much easier time coming out with many different airframes back in the day.

I think what changed that was the litigation storm of the 80's.  They all stopped making airplanes for about a decade.  I imagine the older workers who knew the FAA folks retired or moved on, and the newer workers who replaced them didn't establish those relationships.  Indeed, they probably had no idea that such relationships existed.  The culture as  changed and has remained so.

• Like 2

I do want to give you folks a heads up, and I am leaving BK. 
Andrew Barker will be taking my place, so you'll be in good hands. 
I appreciate the enthusiasm around this product, and I really hope we can give you folks good news really soon. 
Cheers, 
Steve 
Thank you for being kind to us along the way. I know I've appreciated your effort here.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, cliffy said:

Your updates have been a breath of fresh air Thank you for what you did for the group

Agreed!

Your efforts here and other forums have established a good relationship with your company and your customers,  present and future. 

It has given BK/TT a critical "edge" in a discerning marketplace. 

It would be a huge mistake for BK to allow what you have established to fade.

All the best Steve, where ever the future finds you!

Nav  (Cappy in other forums)

• Like 2

On 1/24/2020 at 11:20 AM, PearceBK said:

I do want to give you folks a heads up, and I am leaving BK. 

Andrew Barker will be taking my place, so you'll be in good hands. 

I appreciate the enthusiasm around this product, and I really hope we can give you folks good news really soon. 

Cheers, 

Steve 

This is very disappointing!  We finally get an advocate BK that has given us some hope.  Having retired from a fifty year career in technology companies in many different roles, when I see turnover it raises my eyebrows.  I wish you all the best and hope that you will check in here and follow this thread.

I offer my warmest thanks for doing your best to keep us informed.  If the company does not continue this method of staying in touch with their customer base, they are missing a great opportunity.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MBDiagMan said:

Okay, the Trutrak will be approved any day.  I jumped through all kinds of hoops and finally got my Positive Control working to get me by until the TT is certified, so it will now be any day.

Bendix King announced today that the AeroCruze 100 (TruTrak) will begin shipping this Friday, February 7, 2020. . . just kidding.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, LANCECASPER said:

Bendix King announced today that the AeroCruze 100 (TruTrak) will begin shipping this Friday, February 7, 2020. . . just kidding.

I have it on good authority it is scheduled for April 1 for the Mooney M20B thru G.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, N6758N said:

Wait...Can you play an April Fools joke before April 1?:huh:

I will say that while we don't have a date locked in yet, we are working very hard to get this wrapped up.  Waiting on FAA feedback from our last batch of submitted docs.  fingers crossed!

Thanks,

Andrew

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, BarkerBK said:

100% chance!

The only things that are 100% probability are death and taxes.  That and that a homozygote for a dominant or recessive trait will pass that trait on to their offspring.  And a man carrying an X-linked trait will always pass it on to his daughters and never his sons.  Other than that it's up for grabs.

17 hours ago, MBDiagMan said:

Okay, the Trutrak will be approved any day.  I jumped through all kinds of hoops and finally got my Positive Control working to get me by until the TT is certified, so it will now be any day.

I appreciate your willingness to spend the money and time on your Positive Control so that I can get my TT sooner. :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 2