TruTrak Autopilot Pre Order's / Status Update

Jeev

3 hours ago, nosky2high said:

I was unable to attend Sun ‘n Fun this year and am wondering what bullsh*#t did Bendix King tell you guys regarding the autopilot Mooney STC?

Let me guess, it will be ready next week. 

I went there and I talked to "them"

(anyone remember the movie "THEM!") 

(BTW  S n F was less than inspiring this year with many booths empty)  Lots of airplanes showed up however to camp on the field. 

#1 Yes they really do look at what is being said here on MS

#2 Maybe things are happening that they can't talk about right now but might be good news in the not too distant future?

I, too, have looked long and hard at the "progress" being made and maybe I am willing to give it a little more time BUT, then again, I don't have any reasonable option but to wait it out. 

I'm just a frustrated as anyone else

I was assured though that my 64 D model is/was included in the continuing course of final certification.   So the early cambered aileron airplanes will be covered by the STC. 

I did pass along (to which they agreed) that there were probably 50 or more immediate Mooney orders out there the day of certification so they had better be ready for the orders.

And that's the way it is- April 19th 2021   

(to paraphrase Walter Cronkite ) 

Edited by cliffy

Just now, carusoam said:

The SnF people said it was the largest attended show they ever had...

I watched the daily broadcast by Kimberly Kay....

Best regards,

-a-

There may have been people attending but the industry was absent by maybe 30% in the hangars Tuesday was quiet as a morgue You could walk up to any booth and talk to someone without waiting your turn Even wed was easy at the booths  Every attendee I talked with who had been going for years aid it was very slow T-W compared to previous years. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cliffy said:

There may have been people attending but the industry was absent by maybe 30% in the hangars Tuesday was quiet as a morgue You could walk up to any booth and talk to someone without waiting your turn Even wed was easy at the booths  Every attendee I talked with who had been going for years aid it was very slow T-W compared to previous years. 

Getting "mixed messages " on S n F.  :(

Hope it went well...

N

21 minutes ago, cliffy said:

I went there and I talked to "them"

(anyone remember the movie "THEM!") 

(BTW  S n F was less than inspiring this year with many booths empty)  Lots of airplanes showed up however to camp on the field. 

#1 Yes they really do look at what is being said here on MS

#2 Maybe things are happening that they can't talk about right now but might be good news in the not too distant future?

I, too, have looked long and hard at the "progress" being made and maybe I am willing to give it a little more time BUT, then again, I don't have any reasonable option but to wait it out. 

I'm just a frustrated as anyone else

I was assured though that my 64 D model is/was included in the continuing course of final certification.   So the early cambered aileron airplanes will be covered by the STC. 

I did pass along (to which they agreed) that there were probably 50 or more immediate Mooney orders out there the day of certification so they had better be ready for the orders.

And that's the way it is- April 19th 2021   

(to paraphrase Walter Cronkite ) 

Whom did you speak to at BK Cliffy?

Andrew had hoped to attend... 

N

Saturday attendance at SnF was record braking. The parking lot was full and they had to park cars at the nearby Geico facility. The other days not so much and the vendor presence was disappointing. In the other hand I was able to speak with the folks that were there, like Garmin, uninterrupted for al long as I wanted. BTW, I did speak with the BK guys very briefly and they said end of May for Truetrak approval for Mooney’s. . Do I believe that? Absolutely not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Hector said:

Saturday attendance at SnF was record braking. The parking lot was full and they had to park cars at the nearby Geico facility. The other days not so much and the vendor presence was disappointing. In the other hand I was able to speak with the folks that were there, like Garmin, uninterrupted for al long as I wanted. BTW, I did speak with the BK guys very briefly and they said end of May for Truetrak approval for Mooney’s. . Do I believe that? Absolutely not.

If it's released in May, I'll be in their booth at Osh buying one!

• Haha 1

How time flies!

Are we there yet?

Sure would love a look behind the curtain to see how the process works, how the sausage is made.

Are they (ffa) concerned about making GA safer? Probably, but I’m not rightly sure. In Texas, we have a saying...”money talks and bulls*** walks”.

A lot of slow walking and lip service in the last, count em, 3yrs. I can’t figure out who’s responsible for all this “duck butter”.

On 4/19/2021 at 9:10 PM, Hector said:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

May?  Thats not helpful.  Which YEAR?

• Like 1

You all know Andrew Barker right?

He is Mr. Trutrak...  20 years worth...

He says the Mooney is in the STC process... he said it publicly, in a nearly empty room...  it is on hold while he is in Florida attending SnF....

If you want to see him say it...  it is at the end of this half hour presentation...

He mentions working with a particular dealer on the Mooney project...

We can probably guess who that MSer is...

Lots of V-tails in the presentation...  APs for V-tails apparently aren’t STC’d yet either...  :)

I’d love to see if there is a team supporting the development of this product line... there is a lot of programming work to be completed...

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, carusoam said:

He says the Mooney is in the STC process... he said it publicly, in a nearly empty room...  it is on hold while he is in Florida attending SnF....

If you want to see him say it...  it is at the end of this half hour presentation...

Lots of V-tails in the presentation...  APs for V-tails apparently aren’t STC’d yet either...  :)

I’d love to see if there is a team supporting the development of this product line... there is a lot of programming work to be completed...

Best regards,

-a-

Go to 26:00

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, RobertGary1 said:

Jealous. I did my private in a 140. Haven't seen too many around since then.

-Robert

I might as well derail this thread since it is getting zero results for the autopilot.  A picture of the latest mod to my 140’s panel.

I wonder how many 140’s can file Slash Golf?

D3E8BD82-BE84-4D7F-938F-5E5687168AAB.jpeg

• Like 3

8 hours ago, carusoam said:

Best regards,

-a-

After watching the video I'm going to go out on a limb and say that by Oshkosh 2021 the Aerocruze 100 (TruTrak) for the Mooney will be certified. Very good decision on their part to partner up with a long-term TruTrak dealer to complete the certification, flight testing, etc. In-the-real-world testing is where it's at!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MBDiagMan said:

I might as well derail this thread since it is getting zero results for the autopilot.  A picture of the latest mod to my 140’s panel.

I wonder how many 140’s can file Slash Golf?

D3E8BD82-BE84-4D7F-938F-5E5687168AAB.jpeg

Need speed brakes next. Don’t drill anymore holes or the panel gonna be in the floor. Heck of a set of radios for a 140.

next time your on a first date and you want to impress her... show her a picture of a C130 and say, I fly a C140.

• Haha 2