TruTrak Autopilot Pre Order's / Status Update

Jeev

Oddly,

The continuation of aviation has come up in another thread today...

There is always a concern if there will be fuel decades from now...

This is why we keep aviation lawyers on retainer... aka AOPA...

Keep paying the AOPA annual membership fee for what they do... so we can continue doing what we do...

Don’t expect your favorite flavor of government to do much for GA...

What the FAA did for us this year was present us with the need for ADSB out... :)

PP thoughts only, not a politician...

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

2 hours ago, carusoam said:

Oddly,

The continuation of aviation has come up in another thread today...

There is always a concern if there will be fuel decades from now...

This is why we keep aviation lawyers on retainer... aka AOPA...

Keep paying the AOPA annual membership fee for what they do... so we can continue doing what we do...

Don’t expect your favorite flavor of government to do much for GA...

What the FAA did for us this year was present us with the need for ADSB out... :)

PP thoughts only, not a politician...

Best regards,

-a-

Adsb and a part 23 rewrite the FAA won’t acknowledge. Along with a basic med that was watered down by same. 

fuel and many other things are on the table.

buy a bicycle, you may need one in the stable.

we can always ride it to the airplane, climb aboard and make that motorboat noise as we make steep make believe turns. That might be a pleasant change from the screaming typically heard on my flight deck. Usually it’s me screaming... those turns are skerrie!

i’m buying an electric bicycle because I’m old and lazy...and Texas is a big place.

• Haha 1

This thread has led me to the admission of my belief in miracles.  In spite of the fact that it is glaringly obvious that there will not be an FAA approval of the TruTrak autopilot during my lifetime, I continue to check this thread to see if such a miracle has occurred.

I’m obviously living in a dream wold.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, MBDiagMan said:

This thread has led me to the admission of my belief in miracles.  In spite of the fact that it is glaringly obvious that there will not be an FAA approval of the TruTrak autopilot during my lifetime, I continue to check this thread to see if such a miracle has occurred.

I’m obviously living in a dream wold.

Well there are more than a few dreamers out here. I’ve been waiting since before Trutrak was acquired by BK. The M20 STC seems to remain “a few months away”.

I haven’t entirely given up. The STC may ultimately be more than vapor ware.

I ran across the test platform while stopping in at Don Maxwell’s a while back to pick up parts...and took a few pics:

983F2DBF-2847-4D86-87A2-2CD3E02B10C4.jpeg

918D6F3E-26E7-4C9C-8A9F-9B3C5116E3F3.jpeg

0A518764-A450-4B26-960F-84161AB480CA.jpeg

When I visited TruTrak in Springdale AK, back in 2018, I even sat in the M20E and played a little with the Vizion, as it was called before it became BK Aerocruze100.  It was installed and operational at that time and TruTrak had started the testing! You can see it in the upper left corner of the panel.

DSC_0158.jpeg

I just realized that the M20E test bed for the Vizion/Aerocruze100 is N5781Q, serial # 749, and my M20E was born N5779Q, serial #748, so they were right next to each other on the assembly line!  :)

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, carusoam said:

Living the dream...

Click the picture, it is self righting... for now...

Or just look at this version...

:)

-a-

F39548E6-7EC6-40B2-BB01-789ECBA23E2C.jpeg

I get it - but sort of funny and a little sad to be flying around in a Mooney with a sign on it that says a list of airplanes that it is certified for that does not include Mooney.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sandman993 said:

Looks like a bone yard.

It does a bit in that photo, but they had more Mooney’s than tarmac space could accommodate...there for various maintenance issues big & small. Being there in person definitely did not feel like a boneyard, it was quite busy and gave the feeling that the Mooney community is very much alive and well. The shop has a “get it done” no-nonsense aura to it. Definitely a pleasure to visit! 

2 hours ago, aviatoreb said:

I get it - but sort of funny and a little sad to be flying around in a Mooney with a sign on it that says a list of airplanes that it is certified for that does not include Mooney.

Agree! I would rather have been taking a pic of a C172 with M20’s on the STC list on the tail!

• Haha 3

What did Don or Paul have to say about that Trutrak Mooney?

The Trutrak guy, sitting in his display booth at Mooney Max ca. October ‘18 looked me straight in the eye and told me the approval was forthcoming within 60 days.  Had he not told me that, presenting it as fact, I would have a different attitude about it.

1 hour ago, MBDiagMan said:

What did Don or Paul have to say about that Trutrak Mooney?

The Trutrak guy, sitting in his display booth at Mooney Max ca. October ‘18 looked me straight in the eye and told me the approval was forthcoming within 60 days.  Had he not told me that, presenting it as fact, I would have a different attitude about it.

Exactly...over promise and under deliver... the avionics creed. doo doo on a stick.

this thread three yrs old yet? Gotta love it.

• Sad 1